NYSBA "The Modern Curise Passenger's Rights and Remedies"

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Guest LoveMyBoxer

If anyone is interested, in the March/April NYS Bar Associaiton Journal there is an article about "The Modern Cruise Passenger's Rights and Remedies" geared towards atttorneys. It is lengthy, and I have yet to read it. I tried to attach the article, but had an error, so I am attaching the link, hopefully it works.

http://www.nysba.org/Content/Microsites67/Torts,_Insurance_and_Compensation_Law_Section1/Committees31/Class_Action/Cruise_Passengers_Rights_and_Remedies_2004/CRUISEPASSENGERRIGHTSREMEDIES2004.pdf

Well, it's certainly a fine primer for attorneys. I appreciate the comment made in the referenced "Conde Nast" article: When you complain of a problem, be reasonable. How many folks demand a full refund just because their toilet was inoperable for an hour?

It's too bad that the next step after lodging a complaint to the appropriate onboard authority seems to be to file a lawsuit. Very little of what happens on a ship rises to this level ... but the first thing we seem to want to do is sue. *sigh* While some people are truly aggrieved, they are in the minority.

I found a copy of the current article:

THE CRUISE PASSENGERS' RIGHTS AND REMEDIES:2006

There must have been a bunch of activity in this field because the 2004 paper in the original post was "only" 120 pdf pages and this one is 187 pdf pages.

I read some parts of it and found it most interesting. I'm now filling my printer with lots of paper and inserting a new black ink cartridge so I can print the entire thing and read it during the commercial breaks of the NCAA tournament.

Archived