Car Rental at San Diego Pier??

KBC

Good Evening

Can anyone advise me whether or not it is possible to pick up a rental car at the San Diego pier or would we need to travel to the airport to collect one. After disembarking the Zaandam in October, we plan to drive straight to Carmel where we will stay a few days before flying home to the UK from SFO.

Many thanks.....

Hi wannacruisemore.... thank you so much for your kind reply. Since posting the message I read back through some previous threads and realised I should have done that in the first place !!!! Perhaps I could use the excuse that it's getting late over here !!!!

Actually I have just been looking at flights from SAN to SFO and that may well be a more favourable option. If I remember right, Carmel is only about 90 minutes drive from SFO?? The last time we visited Carmel, we flew in to SFO from the UK and then drove straight to Carmel. I don't recall it being a difficult journey, bearing in mind that we were fairly tired with the time difference, and it was dark.

I might post another question about what time flight we should consider booking out of SAN (to SFO) once we have disembarked.

Thanks again for your help so far.

i thought i read that enterprise has a car rental location @ the cruise port.

hertz will reimburse cab fare up to $5 if a cab is needed from cruise port to car rental.

i actually am renting a car when i disembark from the april 2nd-12th cruise.

hope this helps...

Hello,

There is an Avis Office on Kettner Street, which is about 5 to 10 minutes from the San Diego Cruise terminal, and they will pick you up at the terminal , take you to their office, and you will be on your way.

I think that it is a great idea to drive to Carmel from San Diego. However, there is much to see in San Diego, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo (California's central coast) and the Carmel area.

If you ask some specific questions I will gladly answer them for you.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

If at all possible get the car and drive to Carmel along State highway 1, the Pacific Coast Highway. There is no drive like it anywhere, although the drive from Seward to Anchorage in Alaska comes close.

See the slide show at http://pc-hwy.com/pchwy/

Read what others say at http://www.43things.com/things/view/60456

Archived