Honeymoon-Spirit-Bermuda Eastern Carr Tips?

Dotcom63

Hi Guys

Me and my soon-to-be husband (May 27th) will be taking our honeymoon on the Spirit June 2nd. Neither of us has ever been on a cruise, nor an island.

Does anyone have any specific pointers for us on what to expect, what to sign up for, etc. This request is for the cruise itself as well as the ports (St. Warfs, St. Thomas, Tortola).

One thing we did do on advice, was get a balcony room. Other than that, we are completely clueless on what to do, what to plan and what we need to do in advance. :confused: :confused:

Thanks for any help you can give.

Congratulations to both of you!

A balcony room is a great start to a great honeymoon! We loved having a balcony on our honeymoon in January. The one thing I'll caution you on though is that when in port the crew does periodically wash the balconies, so you never know when the washing apparatus could go by your window. ;)

In advance, I'd suggest checking out the excursions on the NCL website. I haven't been to Bermuda but at Tortola we took the Virgin Gorda Highlights tour, and in St. Thomas we took the Best of St. Thomas excursion. Both were great! Of course what you're interested in seeing could be quite different.

Each night a little 'newspaper' is delivered to your room, the Freestyle Daily. To find out what's happening the next day, give it a scan and see if there's anything you're interested in doing or seeing. There are choices from dance lessons to origami lessons, trivia games to ice carving demonstrations, comedy shows, bands, magic shows...

Oh. And you might want to look around this group a little to get familiar with the restaurants and which ones have charges, which don't, and what kinds of food they serve. Since food preferences are very individual, just ignore any reviews you see on the types of food. You and your new husband will find the foods that you like best. ;)

Have a wonderful time!

Teri

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!!! You have come to the right place to have all your cruise questions answered!!!! My husband and I and our two children are also on this sailing. Check out the roll call we have going on the NCL Roll Call board. There is lots of great info there specific to this sailing/itinerary. We've got a pretty big roll call group and between all of us, someone should be able to answer any question you might have!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon cruise:)

Adding my early congratulations as well! As the others have posted, reading these boards can give you all the info you'll ever need and more.

From the main boards you can access the Ports of Call boards to get information on your individual ports and look over the threads for something you are interested in. Whether it's snorkeling, beaching it, shopping, tours from individual companies that people have taken and recommend, etc.

Have a grand time!

Archived