Anyone heard of 'build a buddy'?

New2Cruisin'07

I heard somewhere that there is something for the kids called 'build a buddy' on the Carnival Victory. It is suppost to be like the 'build a bear workshop'. I think I heard that it was suppost to be about 19.99. Does anyone know anything about this? My boys want to learn more about this, and I don't know where to find the info.

Funny story is that 2 months before our last cruise was my daughter's b-day party and we did build a buddy at home, I found a woman who does at home parties and she sent me all the stuff and I did it myself with the kids....we get on the ship and I am expecting there to be a machine just like in build a bear but there wasn't it was all the same stuff that we used at home so my daughter has two of the same bears because they even used the same companies to purchase their "bear skins" as we did. The cost is $19.99 per bear. They do it on the ship the parents can come and help the kids do it and it's a fun little project. The bear gets a Carnival T-shirt that the kids can decorate as well. The cost isn't bad providing what I paid for them back home wholesale Carnival makes about $11 per bear but oh well it is what it is. The bear also gets a birth certificate that they bring to your cabin after it has been printed out. My daughter slept with hers every single night of the cruise and for about 2 weeks after we got home.

Just did this with my granddaughter on the Liberty in January.

If you get the works, voice, clothes, etc. it comes to 29.95. Of course they want the works.

They had bears, cats and dogs in different colors.

You can decorate the tshirt with markers, and like the others stated, you

get to name them and they give you a birth certificate.

Seems like most the kids were enjoying this.

Mrs Duck built one, so I don't see why not. :D

There were kids of all ages in there building the bears. I know I saw some

teenagers also. I would think adults would be more than welcome to build a buddy also. They aren't going to turn down a sale.

Just to qualify these responses, Build a buddy is a scheduled event and not an ongoing thing. The space they have to do this in is limited, so they may restrict the activity to the youngsters

Just to qualify these responses, Build a buddy is a scheduled event and not an ongoing thing. The space they have to do this in is limited, so they may restrict the activity to the youngsters

Youngster as in my just turned 13 year-old daughter who is a Build-a-Bear Nut? Or youngster as in 12 and under?

Drats if she wont be allowed to do it - she actually did her 5th grade project on Build-a-Bear. Wrote to workshops all over the country.

Youngster as in my just turned 13 year-old daughter who is a Build-a-Bear Nut? Or youngster as in 12 and under?

Drats if she wont be allowed to do it - she actually did her 5th grade project on Build-a-Bear. Wrote to workshops all over the country.

Youngster as in Camp Carnival member. The info appeared in both the 9-11 and 12-14 Capers.

According to Mrs Duck: available skins, 3 types of bear, dog and cat. Stuffing is done by hand, you are provided with a ziploc of stuffing, but if you want more you can get it. 2 types of tshirts are available for no extra charge. Camp Carnival logo or a plain one that the kids can customize with paints/markers. Mrs Duck bought a sailor suit for her bear that she thinks was $5 more. All buddies include a "birth certificate".

Archived