Kayaking in Port Everglades

suzimack

My 17 yr old DD and self want to kayak when we arrive in Port Everglades off the ncl spririt...the cruise offers an excursion for about $69pp..can we do it ourselves for cheaper..please advise..the one off the boat goes to the Indian River to see manatees, doplhins , alligators and birds...anyone?

Thanks I will look into it..it appears they are in Frt Lauderdale but perhaps they run trips all about...I also found Adventue kayaking on the Indian River Lagoon for about $500 per person and it included kayak sailing..whatever that is?:eek: We are pretty adventerous and will try anything twice..more to come

There's kayaking available 5 minutes from Port Everglades at the Ann Kolb Nature Center and the John Llyod State Park.

Is Port Everglades and Port Cananaveral one in the same..?? If not how far apart are they and can we take a cab or bus to the sites? Thanks

Is Port Everglades and Port Cananaveral one in the same..?? If not how far apart are they and can we take a cab or bus to the sites? Thanks

Port Ever = Ft Lauderdale

Port Canav = Cape Canaveral / Cocoa Beach

Google a drive from one to the other - 200 miles in round numbers

Hi....I see from your ship that you are on a NYC cruise that has Port CANAVERAL as a port, not as a pre-post cruise destination as many of us post about Port Canaveral

The "confusion" is also cause Port Everglades is Fort Laude3rdale..

Port Canaveral is Cocoa Beach, Canaveral : Kennedy Space Center

I don't know if they have kayak tours right there at the port to do independently, I know they have them but you may need to drive to get there...and not sure that it is long enough/worth it to rent a car

a good source of info for Cocoa Beach/Space Coast

http://www.space-coast.com/

you can call or email them and they send you nice information

then can call the individual guides

considering that you will need to be transported to the kayaks, river etc, it may be simpler to take the ship's tour, also to make sure of getting back in time

Hi....I see from your ship that you are on a NYC cruise that has Port CANAVERAL as a port, not as a pre-post cruise destination as many of us post about Port Canaveral

The "confusion" is also cause Port Everglades is Fort Laude3rdale..

Port Canaveral is Cocoa Beach, Canaveral : Kennedy Space Center

I don't know if they have kayak tours right there at the port to do independently, I know they have them but you may need to drive to get there...and not sure that it is long enough/worth it to rent a car

a good source of info for Cocoa Beach/Space Coast

http://www.space-coast.com/

you can call or email them and they send you nice information

then can call the individual guides

considering that you will need to be transported to the kayaks, river etc, it may be simpler to take the ship's tour, also to make sure of getting back in time

Oops and thanks for the Port Clarification..yes it is Port Canaveral as a stop..I was given the name Blue Heron outfitters but need to investigate...I keep you all posted..thanks for the input..susan

Archived