Purchase Liquor Onboard For Stateroom

Travelbug50

This is our first Celebrity cruise (Infinity to Hawaii next month).

I saw the liquor packages in the bon voyage gift section of our documents.

Are those available onboard as well as pre-order? If so, do we order from room service, guest services or ? Do they add 20% as the bars do for single drinks? Would we be able to just purchase a bottle of liquor without the sodas & nuts?

Thank you

Sonja

The gratuity is 15%.

I'm not sure if I've seen bottles on the room service menu or not. My first reaction was no, but now I'm not sure.

On the Bon Voyage there was a place to just buy the bottles but I haven't looked at it in some time.

When you order off the Bon Voyage Packages there is no additional charge for either tax or tips. And there is no way to order without soda and nuts. (I usually bring the nuts home as gifts to the office. The new ones are actually kind of nice.)

Never needed to order from room service.

I was on a long cruise last year and ran out of my bon voyage bottle that I'd ordered online prior to the cruise. I simply went to guest services, asked for another bon voyage package (sorry, nuts and sodas are automatically included--they won't charge you any less if you decide you don't want them), and 30 minutes later, my cabin attendant was delivering my order. The price in the brochure is the price you pay onboard - no 15% service added.

Of course, my $60 bottle lists for $18 in the duty-free shop onboard; however, liquor purchased for that price is only delivered to you on the last night of the cruise.

On the plus side, I would have paid $90 if I'd gotten single drinks at the bars (I still did this, too, mind you.... just not as much;) ).

Archived