White Clothing Question??

I'm sorrybut, being raised in the south; the rule is white between Easter and Labor Day. Now, when I cruise in Jan and Feb, I DO were white shoes and trousers. I am talking really cute sandles though. I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of white pumps in the winter!

I have a co-worker from the north that wears white shoes with black trousers in the winter! I would think the no white until Memorial

Day in the north rule would apply to her?

Any way, I see lots of people wearing white on cruises. I did feel funny about it the first time.

Have fun!:)

This has been a big thing for us born and raised in the south, not Texas but the real south, we grew up not wearing white shoes before Easter or after Labor day. Recently they gave the okay for wearing white clothing year round but I have not heard about the shoes changing. I still have a problem wearing them off season. BUT like it was pointed out, you are cruising after Easter so no biggie.

Just an FYI, I used to cruise after Labor day, usually the Sept - Nov range and I wore white then, even white shoes. Figure in the Caribbean, those rules dont apply. Funny how we can find those little exceptions!

OK, being from the southern outer banks, we say that Easter is the day after which you may wear bright white. Winter white or ivory is always appropriate regardless of the season. My favorite winter coat was white cashmere. That being said the rules don't apply in the Caribbean. White is seasonless there and much more comfortable than "earth tones". I have always worn bright white in the islands year round and so did my sweet mother who was the last word in acceptable fashion for proper young ladies! I wish she were still with us to sail in April! Wear your white, shoes and all, and don't forget your pearls. They're white too.:D

Wow.. thanks so much for all of the positive replies!! I will definately pack my whites!! Actually in the North, our rule was white ok after Memorial Day and Not after Labor Day. Easter really had nothing to do with it because it can still be pretty chilly around Easter! I read it on the fashion board about after Easter. I also read alot of southerners not wearing white at all!! Is there a reason for that??? Up north we get so excited to break out all our white stuff!! Thanks everyone for all the replies!! Now I won't have to worry about feeling "foolish"!

I've also heard people who are from northern Missouri, Illinois and Kentucky say that white is okay after Derby Day?? :confused: :confused:

Personally, it's not an issue for me because I just don't care for white...white clothing, white shoes, white purses...they're all out for me, regardless of the season or the dates.

Cream is fine; off white is too; I just can't go for the starkness of white. But that's just my opinion...anyone else who likes white should definitely wear it!

Archived