Teen Club

BSUGrad

We are planning on taking our first cruise on Carnival at Christmas this year with our 3 kids (13, 16, 18). How strict are they on the ages for the teen club. I think we were told that the age range is supposed to be 14 - 17. Are youngest and oldest fall just outside that range. Will they be able to get in? I'm afraid that the 13 yo will be too old for the young kids' stuff and the 18 yo will be too young for the adult stuff.

We have two sons (now 17 and 20). On our last cruise they were 15 and 18. The 18 was definitely too old for the 'teen' scene and too young for the under 21 crowd. Tough beginning but he did manage to get a group of 18-19-20 year olds to hang around together. We're going again this year 17 and 20 it will be interesting to see what happens. On the comments card at the end of the last cruise I mentioned they should have some sort of 'welcome' event for the 18-20 yr old group. We'll see what happens on our next cruise. Good luck.

Club02 (teen club on Carnival ships) is for ages 15-17. Your 13 year old will be in the 12-14 year old group -- perfect; he/she's right in the middle of that age group. In both the 12-14 year old group and the 15-17 year group, the activites are "pick and choose", as opposed to the younger groups where they have pretty much continuous activities. They seem to have just enough activities so the kids can meet others their own age to hang out with. Be sure your kids attend the first night's "meet and greet" for their respective programs to meet people and get their schedule for the week. Your 18 year old will be too old for Club02, but they MAY let him/her pop in now and then. My then 17 year old son made some 18 year old friends on the Conquest; they hung out at Club02 a few nights to listen to music, but mostly did their own thing (basketball was a big draw for them; in the evening, they enjoyed the comedy shows).

Archived