Staying in Orlando vs. Port Canaveral Area

Shorview75

Never went out of Port Canaveral and getting confused reading the boards.

We are flying down to Florida the day before, a Sat (ship leaves on Sunday). Which area has "more" things to do in the evening, Orlando or around the pier?

Once I figure out which area to stay the night, I will be back to inquire about transportation.

I live in Orlando. There is ALOT to do here. I have been to Port Canaveral, not a whole lot happening there. BUT there is Cocoa Beach to consider. Also close to the Port and plenty of hotels plus the beach. It really depends on what you want to do! Cocoa is close to the Port but Orlando isnt too far, it took us about 35-40 minutes to drive there using the beachline and it was easy to find. If you have more questions I'd be happy to try and help!

Concur

it is a what ya wanna do kinda thing

Orlando is ... well Orlando. But that said - the BIG Orlando stuff are more of 'all day' thing to me....but there is downtown Disney & the like or a zillion places on International etc.

On the other hand Cocoa is a beach resort. Plenty of places to eat either place. Maybe more 'nite life' in Orlando - Downtown Disney et al.

My preference is to go to Cocoa. If I'm heading down a day early I wanna be as close to the pier as possible. Why reserve one hour of driving & potential problems if I don't have to. 'course I lived in (and am returning to) the Cocoa area, so know places to go, and can also do Orlando anytime I want.

So - what ya wanna do? Orlando/commercial/nitelife or maybe a nice dinner and a walk on the beach giving the motor a change to slow down?

You won't need to get up as early in Cocoa!

Archived