Prices Increase

Karencruiser43

WOW, can't believe the price of a cruise on Princess in July 2008 is $300 per person more than the same cruise in 2007. I hope other cruise lines 2008 prices don't have increases like this or else I'll be doing something else next year.

THe prices can still come down. They probably want to get as much as they can and if the cruises don't sell, they will lower the prices, Hopefully!

I've noticed this on the Crown sailings this year (at least the NY sailings)

Two issues here:

1- Supply and demand

2- Oil prices

This does not mean we have to agree with the rate hikes. If we want the prices to go down, stop cruising and the lines will be forced to bring their prices down. The caveat here is that since they are in the for profit business, by lowering prices, they will also lower quality and quantity of services in order to make a profit.

We booked a mini suite for a Hawaii to Tahiti cruise on the Tahitian Princess for September 07 while we were on the Grand in the Med last June. I recently noticed that the current pricess for this cruise were now $150 less pp than when we booked it last year. We called our TA and he was able to get us this reduced fare.

I agree with the prior poster that prices may initially be higer to determine interest at that price. However, if you haven't yet paid for the cruise you should be able to get the lower price if they come down.:)

Thanks everybody for your replies. You have given me some hope for next year. I only paid $2600 for four of us over a spring break on my last cruise and I thought it may have been cheaper in the summer but it's almost double. I am going to wait and see what happens. Thanks again!

Thanks everybody for your replies. You have given me some hope for next year. I only paid $2600 for four of us over a spring break on my last cruise and I thought it may have been cheaper in the summer but it's almost double. I am going to wait and see what happens. Thanks again!

The summer months are always peak season. We've always had to cruise in the summer because of our kids. If we could go at most any other time of the year, we could have 2 balcony cabins for a lot less money than we pay for one outside cabin for all 4 of us in the summer.

Archived