questions about the norweigen dream texcarribbean

mszpolaris

couple questions about the cruise btw april 7th and 14th=]

1- are there a lot of college kids on board?

2- is the teen club worth it?

3- what are some really good postives and negatives about it?

4- any recommended activities?

You don't say how old you are. Are you a teen wanting to know about the teen club or are you a parent wondering about the club for your child?

Anyway, we sailed on the Dream last spring break and there were not a lot of college kids on the ship. There were lots of teens and younger kids. This was not a problem for us. We had no trouble whatsoever with anyone on the cruise. Everyone was extermely well-behaved but seemed to be having a great deal of fun.

Our DS was 10 1/2 last year, so he was not a candidate for the teen club. He hates the kid's club so we gave him a walkie talkie, he made some friends, and had a great time. So much so, that he asked if we could go on another cruise for spring break this year. We are!:D

There's all kinds of things to do on the ship depending on your age. The DS played ping pong, video games in the arcade, hang out in the hot tub, played card games in the card room, and entered a golf contest and won a t-shirt. Basically he hung out with new friends he made. In the ports we went on various adventurous excursions (snorkling, zip line, sailing, etc.) together as a family, and had dinner at nights as a family with new friends we made. It was our first experience with Freestye Dinning which we love, love, love. Eat anytime, anywhere, with or without anyone joining you!

The DH and I also played the golf game, we went to a wine tasting, played a few hands of black jack and played the slots for about 1/2 hr. on one sea day. We dont' gamble much but had fun winning $20.:) We also bid on a painting just for the fun of it. Then went to the art auction to see if we had won or not. We didn't, those paintings are way expensive. We also sat out on the deck for awhile sometimes. Listened to the various musical groups on board, saw some of the shows, the comedian was way funny! He's from Texas and he's a hoot. There is lots of other things to do, we just didn't have time to do them all. They have bingo but it is so expensive it is ridiculous! On one of the sea days my husband stopped in at a lecture on global warming just for a goof, but actually found it so interesting that he stayed for the whole thing. I was sitting in the hot tub for awhile, then went an got one of the free ice creams, went shopping at the everything is $10 store. At night there are all kinds of entertainment in various spots on the ship. We enjoyed dancing in several of the places. There are all kinds of games to play day and night.

The Dream is an older ship, but we found her really charming and the three of us had a really, really great time!

Oh my gosh, I just realized that the advertising on your post is of Al Gore on global warming, how funny is that! As far as we were concerned there were no negative aspects to our cruise on the Dream. We loved every minute of it and are sailing on NCL again in 8 days!!!

couple questions about the cruise btw april 7th and 14th=]

1- are there a lot of college kids on board?

2- is the teen club worth it?

3- what are some really good postives and negatives about it?

4- any recommended activities?

you need to go to "Anyone else sailing for Easter" roll call link and you will find a bunch of information.

I have a 17 year old son and a 19 year old daughter going...sound good?

see you in 8 days

We were on the Dream in February.

Our teens (15 & 14) spent pretty much every waking hour with the teen club or just hanging with the other teens by the pool, etc.

A great way to meet others your age...

you need to go to "Anyone else sailing for Easter" roll call link and you will find a bunch of information.

I have a 17 year old son and a 19 year old daughter going...sound good?

see you in 8 days

i cant seem to find the link... can you post it for me? it will help my mom and I out a lot. thanks so much =]

Archived