Seattle

We arriving in Seattle a day before our cruise, anyone know of a good priced hotel ($80-$100) that is convienet to the port stay at. Also, what kind of transportation is there to take me to and from airport and port? We may stay an additional night in Seattle in order to avoid the rush of people flying out on Saturday, any ideas of what to do in Seattle?

Thanks!!!

38 days to go!!!!

:)

We arriving in Seattle a day before our cruise, anyone know of a good priced hotel ($80-$100) that is convienet to the port stay at. Also, what kind of transportation is there to take me to and from airport and port? We may stay an additional night in Seattle in order to avoid the rush of people flying out on Saturday, any ideas of what to do in Seattle?

Thanks!!!

38 days to go!!!!

:)

You might want to ask this in the West Coast Departures (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413)

This post will probably be moved there.

Seattle can be an expensive city. Check seeseattle.com. This is the website for their visitors bureau and you may be able to find some deals there. There are a lot of places to see within walking distance of the Pike Place Market or you can take the streetcar for $1 or $2 which goes up and down part of the waterfront. The Market is a great tourist destination, lots of shops, seafood (don't miss the guys throwing the salmon), fruits and vegetables, lots of stores of many kinds, great restaurants. Also consider the Space Needle, Pioneer Square, Music Experience, Pacific Science Center, ferry across the Sound if you haven't had enough time on a ship!

• 3 weeks later...

Precruise - you may want to consider staying near the airport and taking a cab to the port in the morning. The Seatac Marriott is a nice hotel - free airport shuttle, covered pool, good restaurant, newly refursbished. I'd stay postcruise downtown - Hilton, Roosevelt, Sheraton..... - that way you can drop your luggage off post cruise then walk around. Like previous poster said go to the Pike Place Market, walk down to the waterfront take the watertaxi over to West Seattle for fish and chips and the best view of the Seattle skyline. Lot's of things to do in a day.

The airport hotels won't really be any cheaper than the downtown hotels. Summer is high season and the hotels are expensive. I honestly would not recommend a hotel in the $100 range downtown. You may want to increase your base price to $150. You could probably find something like the Roosevelt or Hotel Max around that price range. Anything near the waterfront will be $180+.

I would agree with the others about weekend hotel pricing, it's hard to find a rate under $200 within the downtown core. Probably your best bet if you can't find a deal at a downtown hotel (nearly all of them are nice, just avoid the Sixth Avenue Inn) would be to stay by Seattle Center, at the Comfort Suites or one of the other name-brand hotels near there (some of the non-name-brand ones cater to, shall we say, unsavory elements). They tend to be a bit cheaper and have easy bus/taxi access to all the sight-seeing.

Archived