Is the Concierge Class cabin upgrade worth it?

N2Cruzin

We're booking on the Constellation for June 2008 Northern Europe and want to know if upgrading to the concierge class cabin is all that? Other than 21 square feet of additional space, is it worth the extra money? Would love to hear from everyone about this....thanks

We're booking on the Constellation for June 2008 Northern Europe and want to know if upgrading to the concierge class cabin is all that? Other than 21 square feet of additional space, is it worth the extra money? Would love to hear from everyone about this....thanks

It's really an individual's choice. We enjoy the larger, softer towels, and yes the additional 21 sq. ft. help. It will really depend on how much extra you want to spend for some additional comforts...

Karyn

N2Cruzin,

It also depends on the location of the CC. Some of the CC cabins have extended balconies and those (in addition to the other extras) are worth the upgrade to many people.

If you can get 6143, jump on it. The balcony is teak wood and is three times larger than other CC cabins as it has to align with the suites alongside. And the extra 21 feet seems like so much more room. My sister-in-law had a regular balcony cabin and it seemed so small compared to ours. The towels, the fresh daily fruit and flowers, the canapes were terrible (but we asked for cheese and crakcers and they were good), the breakfast menu, the shower head, the bath amenities, the stationary, all the little touches make the CC well worth it to me. I paid $300pp more for it on my 11 day New England/Canada cruise, and never regretted that I did. It was fabulous!

I also think it's worth it. I like that they have a special service person just assigned to concierge cabins to handle problems. I also liked the location of the rooms since I always want to be in the center of the ship since I am prone to sea sickness.

Thanks for all of the input....keep it coming. We're booked for cabin 9038 which shows an extended balcony....is this a good choice or go with the larger balcony cc's on the 6th deck? Thanks again.

Hi

We had cc on Zenith in an inside cabin. The little extras were well worth the extra we paid and we loved it but because it was a new innovation we only paid about an extra $100 each. I would do cc again but wouldn't pay any more than we did last time. Cannot comment on the extra space / balcony etc.

we appreciate the xtra touch w/CC - paying way too much for it on the SUMMIT but tis June in Alaska, therefore, one pay$. you'd think X would get the hint w/those canapes ...much negative written about them on CruiseCritic. I'm ready to request the cheese/crackers - don't ya get a btl of champagne w/the concierge class? do luv certain aspects of cruising w/ X , but we'll miss the Concierge Club w/RCI ... now, That's Class:D

Thanks....the only cc's left on the 6th deck are 6135 and 6136...ALL aft cabins are gone, on all decks and its only been on the market for a few days.....just my luck.

Grab 6135 or 6136. Wonderful CC cabins. Also teak decks, and right between Royal Suites.

Yes, I always wonder why everyone just talks about (mostly) the 6143, 6144 cabins and not the 6135/6136 cabins. Is it because they are not quite as wide as the 6143/6144?

Still seems like they would be a great cabin to stay in (hope so, we will be in one in Dec!)

You can tell if the balcony is extended by looking at the deck plan. Thats how I usually see what cabins have larger balconies and then I try to book early to get one. Unfortunately, I missed out on getting an aft cabin and even though they just came on the market 7 days ago...they are gone like the wind. So now we are trying to settle on either the CC cabin 9038 or save the money and book 9173 instead....any suggestions or recommendations from you would be helpful. Thanks!

CC 9038 has a larger balcony then the regular cc balconies. There are some people that only book that cabin because of the balcony. If you can't snag a cabin on the 6th deck snag 9038. If the price is not much higher the the regular I suggest the CC cabin. We are so spoiled with CC cabins that this is what we book.

Archived