Anyone have any contact with edventures recently? Their website is down...

paminohio

I recommended this company to a friend who is taking a cruise in April based on all the posts here. Well...she has sent in her deposit and now their website is down and she has not received any replies to her emails! Anyone know of anything going on with them????

• 2 weeks later...

Craigmol,

What kinds of things did you guys end up doing??? We have them booked in May for ziplining, sea turtles sancutary, cenotes and monkey sanctuary....we decided the monkeys inseatd of the ruins.....what do you think??? We are soooooo looking forward to this and would love any help/reviews???!!!

Craigmol,

What kinds of things did you guys end up doing??? We have them booked in May for ziplining, sea turtles sancutary, cenotes and monkey sanctuary....we decided the monkeys inseatd of the ruins.....what do you think??? We are soooooo looking forward to this and would love any help/reviews???!!!

We did the Cenotes, sea turtles, stopped to see the monkeys, Lagoon, stopped to swim in the ocean, ziplining, and cliff jumping. I would cut out the zipline. Not worth the time and money you will enjoy the other stuff alot more. What age group are you guys, we honestly got tired by the end of the day, we started at 8am and had to back on the ship at 4. Let me know if you have any other questions. I would say the cenotes and sea turtles we the best.

Craigmol

My DH and myself are going with Edventure tours in four weeks and I am so excited. We are planning on doing the cenotes, turtles, aquarium,and then the beach bar/restaurant. So you thought this was well worth your time. I really didn't just want to go to PDC and do shopping DH didn't like it there when we were there about 6 yrs ago. Fill me in on any really neat stuff. :)

Thanks

Harley,

We had a group of 12, 22-25 year olds and we all could have skipped the zipline. There are other ziplining places in the area that I heard were a lot better. This one just takes you over some trees, no water or anything. It takes less then 50 seconds to go down. If he really wants to do it, do it because it doesn't take that much time out of your day.

Craigmol

My DH and myself are going with Edventure tours in four weeks and I am so excited. We are planning on doing the cenotes, turtles, aquarium,and then the beach bar/restaurant. So you thought this was well worth your time. I really didn't just want to go to PDC and do shopping DH didn't like it there when we were there about 6 yrs ago. Fill me in on any really neat stuff. :)

Thanks

You will have a BLAST! We had Eddie for our guide but I heard they all were a lot of fun! The turtles were a lot of fun, there were also millions of sardines under you and baracudas!! They were awesome!!! Some of the girls swam under water and took pictures right next to the turtles. Make sure you pack an underwater camera! Don't waste all of the pictures at the cenotes cause they won't turn out that well, they will though in the ocean and aquarium. The restaurant was very good too! We called ahead so we wouldn't have to wait as long.

:) Craigmol - we are going with Eddie in a couple of weeks. Have a couple of questions. It sounds like you didn't do Tulum; if not, is that why you had time to do the turtles? We had emailed Eddie and will definitely do the cenotes and the lagoon for snorkelling, but can you tell me about the aquarium and turtles? Also, did you do La Buena Vida for the restaurant, or did you do another restaurant? Any insight you can give us would be appreciated.

Christine

:) Craigmol - we are going with Eddie in a couple of weeks. Have a couple of questions. It sounds like you didn't do Tulum; if not, is that why you had time to do the turtles? We had emailed Eddie and will definitely do the cenotes and the lagoon for snorkelling, but can you tell me about the aquarium and turtles? Also, did you do La Buena Vida for the restaurant, or did you do another restaurant? Any insight you can give us would be appreciated.

Christine

You are correct we didn't do the ruins in Tulum. We also had a total of about 8 hours to do everything. This is what Bonnie had put together for us:

7:30 am pick up Calica

8:30 zipline

9:30 cenotes Dos Ojos/ monkeys

12N Lagoon aquarium

1:30 Lunch?? La Buena Vida Restaurant on Half Moon Bay

2:30 Bay of Turtles

3:30 Cliff jump

4:15 Back to port

We actually added another stop at the ocean, it was beautiful, just swam in the waves for about 30 minutes. The lagoon is the aquarium. It is part salt water and part fresh water and there are a bunch of tropical fish in it. The turtles were awesome! Not only did we see turtles but we saw millions of sardines and baracudas! Let me know with any other questions.

Archived