BBQ on Labadee

tofubeast

• 1 month later...

I was there a few years ago and I remember plenty of fruit and veggie side dishes, but I don't think there was a veggie "entree". I don't think you'll go hungry, in any event.

I recall plenty of fruit, veggies, baked beans and corn on the cob. Coco Cay has macaroni and cheese, but I don't recall having seen that at Labadee. I was looking for it because I am a mac and cheese fan.

I will be in Labadee next week again and will check for you on the information you want. I hope the info will reach you soon enough.

Stupid question alert!:eek: lol

Is this while on the beach in Labadee?

I don't recall this while in Labadee five years ago.

Thanks!:)

No question is a stupid question. Anyway, we stopped at Labadee on Freedom of the Seas last June. They did have a large area with picnic tables where they served a generous BBQ lunch (no charge). We took our food and went back and sat on our deck chairs to eat.

It is possible that the BBQ is a newer feature of the private island and makes sense because then all the folks who want to spend the day don't have to return to the ship to eat and then go back to the island again.

No question is a stupid question. Thanks!Anyway, we stopped at Labadee on Freedom of the Seas last June. They did have a large area with picnic tables where they served a generous BBQ lunch (no charge). We took our food and went back and sat on our deck chairs to eat.

It is possible that the BBQ is a newer feature of the private island and makes sense because then all the folks who want to spend the day don't have to return to the ship to eat and then go back to the island again.[/quote]

That is a great idea...we hate packing it all up to go back and eat on the ship...we never feel like going back out to the beach after eating, LOL

Thanks again!:)

Since posting this thread, I have gone on my cruise. There was a wonderful BBQ for the guests staying at Labadee. I think there are 2 or 3 areas where the BBQ is served. In regards to my question about veggie burger, I simply mentioned it to the Maitre'D the night before we docked there. He arranged for veggie burgers to be brought to the BBQ stations. Easy breezy!

• 3 weeks later...
Since posting this thread, I have gone on my cruise. There was a wonderful BBQ for the guests staying at Labadee. I think there are 2 or 3 areas where the BBQ is served. In regards to my question about veggie burger, I simply mentioned it to the Maitre'D the night before we docked there. He arranged for veggie burgers to be brought to the BBQ stations. Easy breezy!

Well done!!! :)

We will ask next time too - we did not think to ask

Cheers

jaysue

Archived