Paul Gauguin to Tahiti, Nov. 2008

Hi all...I'm jumping ship from the Seabourn board to come over and ask if anyone has been to Tahiti in November on the Paul Gauguin? I just booked today for next year, got the last balcony cabin with the special single supplement rate. It's portside, stern of the ship. Any info on this location of cabin and time of year?

I'm traveling solo...anyone know what happens at dinner? Traveling on Seabourn, solo travelers always get invitations to hosted tables every night. I appreciate that since I tend to be a little shy approaching people, I don't like to intrude.

Also, Seabourn is very dressy. Does the Gauguin have formal nights where you wear very dressy, long gowns? Thanks so much!

Jane :)

I was on the PG in May two years ago- it's a Country Club Casual theme for dress on all nights. No Long gowns at all. They did have a Pareo night when I was on board. Most women wear resort wear - sheath dresses, skirts with dressy sandals, slacks and capri's. I took a few casual floor length dresses - but no gowns were to be seen. It was a lovely experience.

For solo diners, the social staff will usually arrange a solo traveller's meeting the first day and then you will find others to spend time with. Also, the Maitre'd will also seat you at a table with others - just tell them you want to dine with company. We frequently ask to dine with those we don't know and single travellers are always welcome.

Archived