Walking Biscayne Avenue?

habby

We have people from our roll call staying at the Radisson, Holiday Inn Port of Miami and Intercontinental. Is is possible/safe/whatever to walk from these hotels to the others?

We have people from our roll call staying at the Radisson, Holiday Inn Port of Miami and Intercontinental. Is is possible/safe/whatever to walk from these hotels to the others?

The Holiday Inn and the Intercontinental are across the street from each other and definately walkable. However, The Radisson is further down and not the best conditions to walk over. By car its literally minutes away, but you would need to pass under the highway and lots of construction. You could however catch the metrorail to get you closer to the Radisson and then walk from there.

If you like beer and garlic fries this place is good. It is 5 minutes south of the Holiday Inn on Brickell Ave.

Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant

1201 Brickell Ave

Miami, FL 33131View Map

(786) 425-1130

Bongos, across the street from the Holiday Inn , adjacent to the American Airlines Arena is good for more real drinks and a Cuban flavor.

Thats fine with me. I can drive or take the metrorail. Know any good places around near to the holiday in to go have drinks?

For low key...you can always head over to Hooters...I live in Brickell and find that there are so many cool plces to go and ahve a drink. Brickell is just a few minutes south of your hotel. Friday nights Novcento gets very live and packed...GREAT place for a drink. YOu'll find all of us yuppies and professionals go there after work.Gordon Biersch used to have a happy hour. They no longer do it...but its stilla brewery and you can go in for a beer. I reccomend the Pot Stickers. They are DELICIOUS!! Another place, which is actually located in the bulding where I live is called Red Bar in the Camden Building. The Big Fish is also a nice place right on the river...the mojitos there are very good! In the Espiritu Santo building there are two places: Centro and Noir which are very trendy and fun.

lmondrop,

You are always such a wealth of info about Miami, and so helpful. Thank you so much. Very much looking forward to visiting your beautiful city in 17 days.

Jeepers though, it's hard to think of a Hooters as low-key! But maybe compared to other places in the area, it is.

We'll let you know where we ended up when we get back.

Thanks again!!

Novcento Gordon Biersch Red Bar The Big Fish Espiritu Santo building Centro and Noir

Imondrop:

How close are these restuarants/bars to the Hyatt Regency Convention Center? Of them all, which would you recommend for a Friday night dinner/drink? My three sisters, wife and I are all in our early to mid 40's, professionals who enjoy good food and drink. Thanks in advance!

-Matt

Imondrop:

How close are these restuarants/bars to the Hyatt Regency Convention Center? Of them all, which would you recommend for a Friday night dinner/drink? My three sisters, wife and I are all in our early to mid 40's, professionals who enjoy good food and drink. Thanks in advance!

-Matt

All of these places are within minutes of your hotel. Just cross over the draw bridge right next to your hotel and you are in Brickell. Novecento is very popular with the professionals coming out of work on a Friday night. Centro is also a nice place for your group. Centro is in the Espiritu Santo Building: 1395 Brickell Avenue. Novecento is right across the street and you can't miss it. Both places have a good crowd for your group.

Thanks for all your tips - We're at the Radisson pre-cruise.

Any recommendations for restaurants nearby, especially for breakfast?

You can check out Deli Lane on brickell Avenue as well for breakfast or closer to your hotel Latin American Cafeteria in Bayside Mall.

lmondrop,

You are always such a wealth of info about Miami, and so helpful. Thank you so much. Very much looking forward to visiting your beautiful city in 17 days.

Jeepers though, it's hard to think of a Hooters as low-key! But maybe compared to other places in the area, it is.

We'll let you know where we ended up when we get back.

Thanks again!!

Anytime!! I'm sure you will have a nice stay. Miami is definately a city of beautiful views.

Sorry - I meant Hooters as low key compared to some more upscale places...not the best choice of word...I think I meant more laid back :o

Anyway, You should have a great time! Enjoy your stay here!!

Archived