What time is Xmas Lunch on P&O??

miss mental

Hi to all,

I just wondered what time Xmas Lunch is on P & O? and is it very festive on board? I'm not expecting snow!! but a few decorations would be nice!! I've never been away at Xmas and can't imagine what it'll be like in the caribbean!

Cheers,

Heather.:confused: :confused:

Hi to all,

I just wondered what time Xmas Lunch is on P & O? and is it very festive on board? I'm not expecting snow!! but a few decorations would be nice!! I've never been away at Xmas and can't imagine what it'll be like in the caribbean!

Cheers,

Heather.:confused: :confused:

Not sure about lunch, they may serve the turkey etc in the evening as they are geared up for gala type evening meals rather than at lunch.

As for decorations, we were on Aurora at New Year in 05/06 and they were excellent.

I also understand there is a big party on Christmas eve when Santa makes his first appearance descending the funnel.

There will of course be presents for all. They could be special being the first Christmas of the ship.

It will be worth joining Cruise Connections(P&O) and having a look at their postings on this theme. Mind you it is slooow. But when you get on the information is first class.

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

we were on Acadia for christmas is 2005, no christmas lunch, instead they have a gala chrsitmas dinner ( i think 7 courses, including turkey christmas pudding etc) at your normal fixed dinner time. it was very nice, we also got a chrsitmas present from P&O, think mine was a travel backgammon set. The ship had decoratiosn up, and they had avery chrsitmas relatedentertainement, inlcuding a passenger choir for the carol service etc. it was a lovely way to spend christmas day :)

• 1 month later...

I have read some people take some xmas decorations for their cabin and door as well - a little xmas tree/ garland for door etc. Also remember a pack of xmas cards for your waiters, stewards and table companions.

We were on Aurora on 16th Dec last year for the weekender before the christmas cruise, and a massive work gang came on with us that morning, and had decorated the ship by sailaway at 5pm !!! So we had decorations as well, massive thick luxury garlands in the atrium, xmas trees here and there, lovely!

We were in Bruges on the weekender and that was lovely too, with a ice skating rink in the square, festive market stalls and lots of xmas decoration and chocolate shops, it was a lovely weekend - 2 nighter, with a proper formal night and pre drinks party. All for under £300pp !!

Sue

Christmas Dinner

Starters

V Duo of watermelon and Galia Melon with a fruit of the forest Jelly and scented Midori Syrup.

Escargot a la Bourguignon. Snails backed in garlic, fresh herbs and wine jus in a brioche pot.

Duck and Plum Terrine with Mustard Fruits. Served with a bitter apricot chutney and Cumberland sauce.

Trio of Scottish Specialties. Loch Fyne smoked salmon citrus parfait. Oak smoked salmon rose and marinated crinnan prawn

Soups

V Cream of Broccoli soup finished with Toasted Almonds

Double Beef Consommé with sherry, Vegetable Strips & Truffle. .

Mains

Seared Supreme of Halibut topped with a. Drizzled with a light Champagne and Avruga caviar cream sauce, resting on rustic spinach rosti.

Traditional Roast Norfolk Turkey. Served with chestnut and sausage meat stuffing, Cranberry sauce, cocktail sausage and giblet gravy.

Baked York Ham. Served with glazed pear and coated in a parsley and cider infused veloute.

Pan-fried Medallions of Scottish Venison cascading from a Celeriac and Apple Gateau. Brushed with a full-bodied port and Chantarelle jus.

V Puy lentil Wild Mushroom and Nut Roast on a bed of wilted Spinach. Surrounded with red pepper gravy.

Yuletide Cold Cuts with Salad and a selection of dressings.

Fresh Brussel sprouts with Chestnuts Glazed Carrots Roast and Parley Potatoes.

Deserts

Christmas Pudding Flambé served with Brandy Sauce

Chocolate Yule Log Old-fashioned Fruit and Sherry Trifle.

Vanilla, Strawberry or Chocolate Ice Cream. Fresh Fruit Salad, Lemon Sorbet.

A Selection of British and Continental Cheeses also featuring Port-marinated Stilton with Date and Walnut bread.

Assorted festive fruits. Assorted Nuts. Dessert Figs and Dates.

Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Speciality & Decaffeinated Tea.

Hot Mince pies and brandy Butter.

Christmas Chocolate Treat and Sliced Cake.

From the bakery White, Wholemeal, malted Wheat Rolls & German Stollen Bread.

Bon appetite

Mel :D

PS Dinner was served at 6.30pm First Sitting 8.30pm Second Sitting you are in for a treat.

Yes I typed that all up myself. :D

Anymore Questions please ask.

Sue's right in that people defintley put up decorations up on their door, and we took all our christmas cards with us, and put them up around the cabin. The ship was decorated, and yes even on acadia Santa put in an appearance from the top of the funnel.

looking forward to seeing what christmas in the far east will be like on princess this year :)

Sue's right in that people defintley put up decorations up on their door, and we took all our christmas cards with us, and put them up around the cabin. The ship was decorated, and yes even on acadia Santa put in an appearance from the top of the funnel.

looking forward to seeing what christmas in the far east will be like on princess this year :)

Hi I looking Forward to Seeing Christmas in the far east too. I'm taking a small fibre optic Christmas tree and a small garland for my cabin door we did this on the last year it does seem a little strange when you walk out to nearly 30 degrees Sunshine on Christmas Day.:)

PS are you plaining to stay on in Sydney I'm just looking at hotels at the moment.

Mel

we are staying in sydney for four days at the end of the cruise, as we are going to a family wedding. We are staying in the Sydney Marriot at circular quay, as I can get a corporate discount rate. I have just changed our booking to cruise only, as i wasn;t at all happy with princess's proposed flights, so am now flying out on BA.

I've booked cruise and flight and upgraded our flights. Who are Princess flights with I thought it was BA. I may have to change and book my own.

I'm looking for a 4 day stopover in Sydney too. How lovely to cruise into Sydney and go to a family Wedding :) can't think of any better way of getting there :)

I aslo have family in Sydney so it's going to be a big reunion for us too.

Mel

when i spoke to Princess last week, the flights we were on were flying out on Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong with a 3 hour lay over, then on to Bangkok and Singapore Airlines via singapore coming back. I asked them about upgrades and were told non avaliable, so booked BA on my own, as I can acess the lounges etc, choose my seats, as through my exec card membership

when i spoke to Princess last week, the flights we were on were flying out on Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong with a 3 hour lay over, then on to Bangkok and Singapore Airlines via singapore coming back. I asked them about upgrades and were told non avaliable, so booked BA on my own, as I can acess the lounges etc, choose my seats, as through my exec card membership

Thank you,

I'm going to change tomorrow I've also got a B A membership card and it's nice to choose your seats if I'm flying in economy I always choose the two seats on the back row's so hubby and I can sit on our own. I'm really glad I came on here tonight.

Thanks again :)

Mel

PS I wonder why they told me I could upgrade but would be given the details at a later date oh don't you just love cruise company's :)

Mel

I've being looking in my Aurora today today and now realise that Christmas Dinner times are slightly longer with first sitting being at 6.30pm and second being at 8.45pm with Freedom dinning it would be best to book as soon as possible to get your preferred dinning time.

Mel

Archived