Alaskan cruiseline allowing infants under 6 mths?

behey26

My in-laws are planning a family vacation next summer and by then I will have had my baby. I do not choose to leave my baby at home and will either go with or not go at all. Is there a cruiseline that allows infants under 6 mths? My baby should be 4 mths old by then. This is an honest question and I would appreciate kind and honest replies. Thanks!:o

Celebrity & RCCL does not have a minimum age so either of those lines will work for you. We sailed with our daughter when she was 4 months old on Disney - of course Disney doesn't sail to Alaska. We had a wonderful and you will too! Congratulations on the new baby!!!!

Definitely consider Norwegian Cruise Line. For a baby under 6 months, I think you might need a doctor's note verifying health, but that's just a formality. NCL cruises to Alaska, and you'll only pay port fees and taxes for a baby under 24 months. That's a significant savings! On most other lines your baby will be paying the 3rd passenger rate, which isn't cheap.

:) Carolyn

• 2 weeks later...

for Norwegian Cruise line is. I checked their website for you, but I couldn't find in fine print the minimum age requirement. I think their brochures may say. It's easier to call your TA to double check with each individual cruiseline.

I know for sure the minimum age requirement for Princess to Alaska is 6M.

HTH.

i have the same problem (my cousin will be giving birth next feb) and we are planning on a reunion next july. i have checked both rccl and princess (we like their med itineraries) but both have a min age of 6 months! hope u will find a cruiseline to accomodate u!!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I am going on the Norwegian Sun at the end of September with my then 4 month old daughter. Norwegian requires a doctor's note prior to sailing saying that the infant is fit to travel. A Doctor's note is required for all babies under 6 months of age (determined at the beginning date of the sailing). I had to fax the note to passenger courtesy 2 months prior to sailing and will have to bring it to check-in to the ship.

TravelGuard will allow you to purchase the travel insurance prior to the birth of the baby. I believe you (or the TA) has to call in to purchase, then update the record after the birth of the baby.

Other third party insurers may do the same thing, I'm not sure....

Just something to consider when shopping for insurance...because no one should plan a trip without insurance.:)

Congratulations on the baby and enjoy Alaska!

Archived