need insurance for going out of the country

does anyone know about obtaining extra insurance , ny father in law has some health issues and he is afraid that if he gets sick out of us that his insurance wont cover his expenses? we will be staying in st martin and we will be staying at a resort. any info would be great. happy sailing:)

Most plans do not cover international travel, but he should still check with his insurance company to make sure. But if you look at the planning section of the Cruise Critic there is a section on travel insurance with links. Plans for both cruises and resorts are very similar and there is a great link to Insure My Trip which will allow you cost comparisons and ratings for plans that meet your needs.

PS Wow I sould like a commercial...

does anyone know about obtaining extra insurance , ny father in law has some health issues and he is afraid that if he gets sick out of us that his insurance wont cover his expenses? we will be staying in st martin and we will be staying at a resort. any info would be great. happy sailing:)

Hi abbypa,

You didn't say where your father in law lives. If he's Canadian he won't have coverage outside Canada. If he lives in the USA, Medicare won't cover him, but his supplement probably has some coverage, though with gaps.

Go to www.google.com & search trip insurance - you'll find a few good comparison sites that can help you.

I hope this helps.

Archived