Constellation cabin and computer question

Commieri

We're booked for Millie Feb 2008 but thinking of switching to a 10day Feb 8 on Connie. Seems all the 2b verandas are sold out and we could get veranda cabins on deck 6 that are all near the forward( I think) stairs and elevator.. cabins 6040-6049..

Wondering if these would be noisy due to the proximity to the stairs AND also want to be sure that veranda has unobstructed view- the lifeboats would be below us, right?.. not at our eye level when standing or seated on veranda.

Also, hubby may have to do his companies payroll while away and asking about access to the web and also dedicated printers??? If he brought his laptop and wireless card, could he connect even at sea?:)

I would love to do a 10 day one... starting today!!!

There are no obstructed view verandas so you will be fine. The only difference is that as you get lower toward the lifeboats you lose a little of the downward view but no big deal. As for noise, nothing to worry about from the stairs or elevators.

As for the INTERNET now, the only wireless is available in the atrium on decks 3, 4, and 5 and the INTERNET café on deck 4 and on deck 10 at the rear of the ship. You may pick up a signal elsewhere but it will likely be unreliable. There are plans for further expansion of the service. Cost is 75 cents per minute and can be reduced by buying blocks of minutes. There is a coupon for discounts for Captain's Club members.

As for a printer, there is one in the INTERNET café which is shared with all INTERNET café users.

Thanks Dick for that info. I didn't think the views would be obstructed so glad to have that confirmed. It sounds like hubby could use his laptop in those areas even at sea ...

Have you been on the Constellation? I assume it looks very similar to the Millenium which I found to be traditional but not stuffy and with some cool artwork. :cool:

I just looked at the deck plan and cabins near the forward stairs and elevator on deck 6 would be almost directly above the Celebrity Theater. I know the shows end by 11 30 or so but worried we'd hear the rehersal music or early show when we are taking out afternoon naps.

Anyone ever stay in cabins 6040-6049 area?

Constellation recently replaced their @sea internet service with Celebrity/RCCL in house service. The wireless access has been improved and their rates have dropped to between 35 Cents to 65 Cents a minute dependent on package purchased.

Dedicated printers are generally not available but you can print in either the internet cafe or the Computer training room.

Your husband could probably get a strong wireless connection in Cova or even in the Card Room Adjacent to Cova (very Private) and be within eye sight of the printer.

Archived