HELP! Flying into FLL-sailing from Miami

Hoosier Cruiser

I have been trying to bid for two rooms in a hotel in Miami for Friday 1/14/05 and am not having any luck yet. I started at 40 and with rebids I am up to 55 and still no luck for 3* in Miami downtown or Miami airport areas. I have been reading about others getting it for 37, 41, 45, etc. but not for that particular date (in December, though.) Is there an event that weekend or am I maybe trying too early? Or maybe just trying too low of a bid? I would like to get something like Embassy Suites since we have children with us and would like to have at least double beds (I know - no guarantee of that for sure but odds are better I think with Embassy and the pullout sofa.) Should I reconsider traveling to Miami that Friday evening and stay in FLL area instead and then travel to Miami Saturday morning? If so, what zones in Ft. Lauderdale are recommended? Advice, please from the great cruise critic members! Thanks!

We are first-time cruisers.

I just tried Priceline for the first time.

I was able to book my pre-cruise one night stay for Nov 12th in Miami at the Hyatt Downtown for only $41.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Our flight arrives at 11:00 AM in FLL, so we will have the whole afternoon and evening to enjoy Miami (for the first time).

So far, this is a successful trip of "firsts" for us.

98 days and counting....

Jim & Cindy

Carnival Triumph 11/13/04

high season rates usually start @ 12/15.......perhaps thats why your bids are not getting results. The high season rates for a 3* would probably be at least 100 dollars higher than before 12/15.

Have you tried reading biddingfortravel.com its great for problems likes yours.

But it also took me almost 6 weeks of bidding for a hotel last August (labor day weekend) for a hotel. Have patience and keep trying.

I would start with down town Miami for 35. then 40 then 45. I would stop there for a few days then try again.

I have stayed at the FLL airport hotels for 40 bucks. and traveled the next day for the cruise. Whatever was chaepest was my route

Maybe its a bit early. I am trying to bid for March in Ft. Lauderdal and haven't been successful yet. Last I didn't get my bid accepted for Ft. Lauderdale until September 30th, so hang in there and keep trying.

Archived