Alaska: Sitka or Icy Straight Point

I see the Serenade has 2 itineraries from Vancouver, and they differ by one stop. One goes to Sitka, and one goes to Icy Straight Point. I'm looking for opinions on which is better with pros or cons. I assume the itineraries will by the same for 2008 but we'll know for sure tomorrow.

Thanks!

Post this question on the Alaska boards and you will probably get better answers. It is a very active board with many experts and Alaskan residents. I chose Sitka, strictly because of the time frame but also heard there is more to do in Sitka vs Ice point.

"Just checked in with RCCL this morning and the representative said pricing/itineraries should be out Wednesday. Other people who have checked in today with RCCL were told it could be Thursday and some one else was told May. No one seems to be getting the correct story. I am going to check all this week and hopefully I will get something by the end of the week.

The ships cruising to Alaska in 2008 are: Radiance, Serenade, and Rhapsody.

One thing that did bother me was the fact that Sitka would not be on any of the itineraries. I told the representative that I was hoping for Sitka this year and would be a little disappointed if that were true. She told me to check back on Wednesday for confirmation but everything she has confirms--no Sitka--It's Icy Strait Point instead."__________________

I clipped this off a post on the Ports of Call Board for Alaska. We were wondering about the two ports as well but it may be that we don't have to make any decision. Hopefully the 2008 Alaska will be out soon.

Archived