I need a ride!

ThorKY

What is the most economical (& dependable) way to get my family of 5 from the MIA airport to the Carnival dock in Miami. The Carnival transfer fees seem outrageous for an 8 mile ride. Thanks in advance for your input!

I kind of doubt a family of five and all the luggage would fit into a cab. You might look into a shuttle and compare costs with Carnival. Don't forget to double the shuttle price over the Carnival transfer price.

I agree, cruise transfers are expensive and also the slowest way to make it to port. We only took cruiseline transfers (and air) on our first cruise and learned an important lesson. That was before there was Cruise Critic and all the help you can get here.

I kind of doubt a family of five and all the luggage would fit into a cab. You might look into a shuttle and compare costs with Carnival. Don't forget to double the shuttle price over the Carnival transfer price.

I agree, cruise transfers are expensive and also the slowest way to make it to port. We only took cruiseline transfers (and air) on our first cruise and learned an important lesson. That was before there was Cruise Critic and all the help you can get here.

there are minivan taxis

we were able to take a taxi with our family of 5 from our hotel to the docks in Ft lauderdale docks. Mind you , when we arrived a the airport the night before the taxi worker told us we would not be able to find a 5 person taxi and that we should take two, which we didn't want to do, luckily a van taxi arrived that did take us.

The next morning at the hotel we had them phone for a taxi for us and one arrived and took our group with no questions asked.

Do keep the luggage down though.

My first cruise (I was 18 and without parental guidance) my plane was delayed so by the time I arrived in Miami the shuttles were GONE! Of course I panicked and called my mom who told me to hail a cab so I didn't miss the boat! I made it and all ended well. So grab a taxi (van) and it won't cost you an arm & leg. Have fun!:)

The most economical is the Miami /Dade Public bus. You pay about $1 pp from the AP to the Justice Center. Then you walk 1 block with your luggage to a "tourist shuttle" which for another $1 pp you go to the port. This only works if everybody is old enough & healthy enough to carry their own bags.

I would opt for a minvan style taxi, espcially if some of the family members are kids. You will fit even w/ your stuff.

Archived