AOS hump 9314 question

I am sailing on AOS next year. Southern Caribbean from Puerto Rico. My cruise agent initially booked me in 9608 (port side) and I asked her for a hump suite.

She has 9314 reserved. I have always stayed on the port side. I am concerned about the view from a starboard side hump. I would also like feedback regarding what I will see when arriving to a port of call, privacy issues, noise, sunny side?. . .anything you can share would be appreciated. From the ship diagram, the balcony looks a little bigger.

Ports of call: Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. Johns.

Thank you very much for your feedback. I really want my dad to be satisfied. :)

I just got back from Voyager, the AOS sister ship. I had JS 9614 (across the ship from 9314) booked at first. Then I realized it was a connecting room. 9314 is also a connecting room. On the diagrams ion the RCi brochure book you can see an arrow going btwn. 9314 and 9312. I posted on this and many people said they had noise problems btwm. connecting cabins, because the connecting door (which you will keep locked) is not as soundproof as the walls (which I found to be very soundproof).

Also, some peopel said smoke gets under the connecting door if the other people are smokers.

I ended up switching- I got lucky and 9618 opened up, in middle of hump.

Why don't you go on Travelocity and see for yourself every JS that is still open for booking? Then tell your travel agent which one you want, maybe there is another JS hump without connecting rm.

Also, what Travelocity every day, because that is what i did and all of a sudden one day I saw that 9618 had opened up. It opened up a few days after final payments were due, at about 64-65 days out from the cruise date.

I am sailing on AOS next year. Southern Caribbean from Puerto Rico. My cruise agent initially booked me in 9608 (port side) and I asked her for a hump suite.

She has 9314 reserved. I have always stayed on the port side. I am concerned about the view from a starboard side hump. I would also like feedback regarding what I will see when arriving to a port of call, privacy issues, noise, sunny side?. . .anything you can share would be appreciated. From the ship diagram, the balcony looks a little bigger.

Ports of call: Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. Johns.

Thank you very much for your feedback. I really want my dad to be satisfied. :)

9314 is a great cabin!

We always book the AOS on the starboard side because it is from here that you will get the best views when in port :) The only stop where you will not see the port is in Aruba - otherwise you will have fantastic views in all other ports....that is unless the Captain decides to change his approach and back into port instead!

My folks had 1312 on the AOS (Js on the hump) last year and the only issue they had was that they lost their walk in closet due to the fact the cabin was adjoining.....not sure if this is the case on deck 9, but I suspect it might be.

Enjoy the AOS - my favorite ship! :D

I am still watching for feedback and so far I am inclined to stay with 9314 based on the last post from ckrobyn.

There is a no smoking policy in the rooms and balconies so I should not have a problem and I will hope for quiet neighbors.

Thanks.

Sylvia

I am still watching for feedback and so far I am inclined to stay with 9314 based on the last post from ckrobyn.

There is a no smoking policy in the rooms and balconies so I should not have a problem and I will hope for quiet neighbors.

Thanks.

Sylvia

Sylvia - there is NOT a no smoking policy on any of RCI's ships. Your neighbors, if they smoke - will be able to smoke in either their cabin, or on their balcony. Hopefully your neighbors will be non smokers....:o The only no smoking policy is with regard to public areas on RCI ships - there are designated smoking areas and all other areas are non smoking.

I will pray that you have either non smoking neighbors....or at the very least courteous smokers if they happen to be in the cabin next to you!

Well, I should see most of the ports because I am on the other side.

Someone from a prior post said that Aruba was the only one she couldn't see.

It should be quite a sight from either side when you are first arriving and leaving--right?

I am in 9314--it was the only hump cabin available.

It will be nice. A cruise is what you make of it. :)

We were on the AOS 3-25 to 4-1. JS #9618. Huge balcony and huge walk-in closet. Middle of the hump. Would not trade this room for the world. The only ports we could not see were St. Thomas and St. Maarteen, the captain backed in.

hey you slept in MY bed!

You will be docked on the Port side in Curacao. Whenever we go to Aruba, we always book a cabin on the Port side.

We just had #9618 on the Explorer. It was our 1st Jr. Suite on RCI. Real nice cabin on the Bump. We have also had cabin #9620 2 times. Can't beat the location with both cabins.

Gail

Archived