Leaving Tomorrow

TinaJ04463

and I'm feeling anxious about my daughter and grandkids...my son-in-law was paralyzed from the neck down in an accident last summer and my dd takes care of him by herself, plus has a 5 yr old and almost 2 yr old. I help her out with the kids, hubby helps with the guy work-plowing the driveway, handyman stuff, etc. The 5 yr. old is my best little buddy, I bring her to my house every day after work for some quality time, the baby doesn't care yet, he comes over once a week and is happy with that. I can't call her every day because she will cry when she talks to me, so I thought I'd send postcards from TX and the ports. Wondering if this is doable? I don't even know if there is a place near the ports to mail stuff. Will she get them before I get back? Or should I just send the one from TX? Thanks for the input!

TinaJ

You sound like a wonderful, caring person! You can mail postcards right on the ship, next to the front desk area. It will take awhile for them to get to her though, as thye only mail them while in us ports i believe. The islands are costly in stamps, and takes about 10 days to receive. You could mail many from Tx. at different times or locations... As a childcare center Director, I have a suggestion- maybe you could write several notecards or postcards with stamps on them ( SHE WILL LOOK ) lol

and then give them to your daughter to give to your granddaughter each day or every other day 'from the mailman'...yes this would be fibbing, but keep it brief , its the thought that counts. just say a few things about your day and maybe give her a task to do for you or her family, or ask her to draw you some pictures. Another suggestion might be to take a small plant over to her to water and care for each day for you, or even seeds in little syrofoam cups for her to grow. Kids this age love to help, and do tasks for others.. You deserve a vacation , and the family will be fine. God Bless.

Darcy, for the info about mailing. I may just hit the dollar store today and get a bunch of little things her mom can give her one every day and say it came in the mail from Nanny....

I think this is an excellent idea!!! I was feeling a little anxious also about leaving my family (I leave tomorrow too) :confused:

Archived