Juneau Excursion Help ASAP!

glsebs

I have to fax my excursion requests to the cruise line today and still can't decide between two excursions in Juneau.

Do we go with the Mendenhall Glacier by Helicopter and Guided Walk for $225 (2 1/4 hrs) or the Pilots Choice Glacier Helicopter Explorer for $299 (2 3/4 hrs)?

I am scared to death to go on the helicopter at all, but want to try it. So I am wondering can I get the total experience with the standard helicopter tour or should I spend the extra money and more time on the helicopter and do the Pilots Choice?

Any advice???

glsebs..... I can't tell exactly what the two excursions include.

I would recommend that you land on a glacier. Awesome.

Don't worry about the helicopter ride. I hate rollercoasters....and I loved the helicopter! ;)

The first tour is a half hour helicopter ride to the Mendenhall Glacier and a 25 minute guided walk. The second is a longer helicopter ride and two landings on the glacier...just you and the 5 or 6 on the helicopter and a more private guided tour.

Thanks

I don't think I made myself clear with my question. Both are helicopter tours, both land on the glacier but the Pilots Choice is a longer helicopter ride and it is up to the pilot where to land and they make 2 landings in different and more remote parts of the glacier where there are no other tour groups. The first one I mentioned lands once...it is the standard helicopter tour and glacier landing with a guided walk. But they land in an area where most of the tours go

I

I think you were clear and they answered accordingly. Can't tell you which to take but the Pilots Choice is a longer and more expensive flight and most on these boards have said they wanted a longer flight. So if you are willing to try, it would seem like the best way to go.

Archived