Get Off or Stay onboard

grammyofjess

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure LHT is correct, or maybe I am wrong :eek: but I believe you will have a chance at excursions once you enter Gatun Lake. At least that is what I see available from this ship. We are doing the 10/09/07 from LA to FLL. We plan on staying on the ship as this is the first time we will be doing the Panama Canal and have read that you have a nice view from your balcony.

When you look at the schedule it says Panama canal ... no stop listed.

We did the Panama this year on a different cruiseline though and we did not have any tours.

Checking the shore excursions for Panama they all state only available on the Coral Princess

That to me indicates there are no excursions for Panama on your cruises.

I can't speak from any personal experience or knowledge in regards to tours off the ship on a northbound transit since I do not know where they would allow passengers to disembark. Unlike on a southbound transit where there is a convenient anchorage to accomplish disembarking via tender after locking through Gatun Locks. The point of this post is to recommend to anyone who has not had a full Canal transit before, is to stay on the ship. Not only is the scenery great through Gaillard Cut as well as crossing Gatun Lake, but there is very thorough narration throughout the transit with lots of facts and history.

When you want to see more of Panama, another canal cruise, either a full or partial is a great way to take more of the country. There really is just too much to take in at one time.

I am on the same trip 10/24 out of FLL. I chose this to be ON the ship through the canal.

I was on a partial (to the lake) and a stop with a bus to parts of the canal. From the itinerary I doubt weither I will get off the ship in Panama.

Archived