Guana hop on hop off bus tour - on your own

catkins

• 2 months later...

anyone know anything bout this??? I know its at your pace but if you move along how much time?? hows the lighthouse? is it worth the effort and time to see??

we will have only 6 hours, wondering if we can squeeze this is along with the GT Inn

Just got off the Truimph and Grand Turk, IOHO, was by far the nicest and most laid back of the stops. Although we didn't take the bus tour, we wish we had. It was a continous loop, stopping by the designated points every 15 minutes or so. What they don't tell you is that at each of the 3 or so stops that the bus makes, there is an admission price of 7 bucks or so. The museum on Front st, HM Prison and the lighthouse. It does make the price of $35usd worth it, I think. Grand Turk is delightful, in part I think due to the lack of not much tourism just yet. We had a terrific taxi driver named Robert Paul who shared a little of the history with us. The souvenir hawkers are mostly Haitian, and most of their wares are imported. Stuff is way overpriced due to the shipping costs. etc etc etc. Governor's Beach was a no charge and one of the best we've been to. Hope this helps.:D

• 3 weeks later...
Just got off the Truimph and Grand Turk, IOHO, was by far the nicest and most laid back of the stops. Although we didn't take the bus tour, we wish we had. It was a continous loop, stopping by the designated points every 15 minutes or so. What they don't tell you is that at each of the 3 or so stops that the bus makes, there is an admission price of 7 bucks or so. The museum on Front st, HM Prison and the lighthouse. It does make the price of $35usd worth it, I think. Grand Turk is delightful, in part I think due to the lack of not much tourism just yet. We had a terrific taxi driver named Robert Paul who shared a little of the history with us. The souvenir hawkers are mostly Haitian, and most of their wares are imported. Stuff is way overpriced due to the shipping costs. etc etc etc. Governor's Beach was a no charge and one of the best we've been to. Hope this helps.:D

I think that the policy has changed somewhat. We did this on our trip on 7/19 aboard the Triumph. the price was $39 dollars thru the cruise lines (which we didn't pay) when we got of the ship, the company was at the plaza selling for the same price as the cruise line. In fact we could only pay using our sail and sign. They said no cash. But the $39 gave us 2 tickets to the light house and the prison. There was no tickets for the museum. We were let out on Front street but the admission was not included.

Archived