Travel Insurance that covers missed flight?

tbenson81

Cruise ship is a "common carrier." Interestingly, there is case law where courts have decided that "on a common carrier" also includes the time you are off the cruise ship, for example on an excursion, even a privately arranged excursion. This came up, for example, once when a life insurance policy covered only the insured "on a common carrier," and the insured died on a private excursion during a cruise. Go figure!

Bill

Well, I'm glad to hear that in case one of those zip lines becomes faulty as I am descending on it.....

Well, I'm glad to hear that in case one of those zip lines becomes faulty as I am descending on it.....

Well, if you have a lot of that insurance, better make sure your spouse is not fooling with the zip line ............. :)

Bill

we usually purchase air from the cruise company

if there is a delay they will fly you to the next port and put you up in a hotel

this happened to us on costa atlantica and costa did that for us

picked the ship up in cozumel

my visa card offers both trip cancellation and trip interruption for that reason but you must purchase the card

mine cost 90 $ well worth it for cancellation fees for 3 or 4 are very expensive

we usually purchase air from the cruise company

if there is a delay they will fly you to the next port and put you up in a hotel

this happened to us on costa atlantica and costa did that for us

picked the ship up in cozumel

Please don't count on the cruise line getting you to the next port in a timely fashion. IF there are seats available on the plane, you MAY get to the next port. There have been absolute horror stories about missing 1/3-1/2 of a cruise due to cruise air.

A missed/delayed flight (airline problem) is NOT the problem in this thread. The OP booked an 11:00AM flight after a cruise. The flight is out of Vancouver. They are worried they may not make it to the airport in time. Insurance will not cover for missing the flight due to your negligence by booking the flight too early.

Please don't count on the cruise line getting you to the next port in a timely fashion. IF there are seats available on the plane, you MAY get to the next port. There have been absolute horror stories about missing 1/3-1/2 of a cruise due to cruise air.

A missed/delayed flight (airline problem) is NOT the problem in this thread. The OP booked an 11:00AM flight after a cruise. The flight is out of Vancouver. They are worried they may not make it to the airport in time. Insurance will not cover for missing the flight due to your negligence by booking the flight too early.

Seems like that would especially be true if you booked your flight earlier than the cruise line recommends. Don't they say somewhere in their documents that they do not recommend booking return flights before noon or 1:00 p.m?

I know nothing about insurance, just thinking out loud...

Archived