RCCL Savings Certificate

We just received a Savings certificate for $50.00 from RCCL it came as a Thank you because we recently sailed on the Majesty in Feb.

It states that we have to reserve a cruise between 4/11/07 and 6/10/07.

My question is we have a deposit on the Liberty for Oct 2007 that we booked in March 2007.

MY TA says we can't use this savings because we are booked in group, and the certificate states that we have had to reserve between certain dates and we booked this prior to the dates specified.

Has anyone ever run into this ?? Just wondering $50.00 is $50.00.

We just received a Savings certificate for $50.00 from RCCL it came as a Thank you because we recently sailed on the Majesty in Feb.

It states that we have to reserve a cruise between 4/11/07 and 6/10/07.

My question is we have a deposit on the Liberty for Oct 2007 that we booked in March 2007.

MY TA says we can't use this savings because we are booked in group, and the certificate states that we have had to reserve between certain dates and we booked this prior to the dates specified.

Has anyone ever run into this ?? Just wondering $50.00 is $50.00.

Your TA is LYING to you about not being able to apply the certificate because you booked in a group. your TA just wants to make sure he/she retains as much commission as possible!

We booked a cruise through a group and were 100% able to apply, not only our C&A balcony discount, but also some C&A magazine coupns! of course the TA tried to tell us the same thing your TA is telling you. We called RCCL and asked if we could use them and they said "sure". We got the name of the person at RCCL. We called TA back and she said "RCCL is saying no" so we asked her to do a 3 way call and talk to that same person. She relented and said she would just apply them anyways - making it seem like she would take the hit (LOL).

However, the dates on your coupon do restrict you from applying them.

(I just wanted ot inform you that your TA is less than above board....)

I, too have gotten those $50 certificates after we had already booked a cruise and all it took was a phone call from my TA to get the credit applied even though we booked before the dates on the certificate. It is worth a phone call. Call RCI yourself and ask.

I received one as well and had already booked a cruise within days of the certificate expiring. I called my ta, she said RCL probably won't take it, but fax it me, "I'll give it a try", she said all they can say is no.;)

When I received my AMX bill with the final payment on it, there was also a credit for $50.00. I called my TA to thank her, and she wasn't even aware they honored it, and was happy for me. I have to confess however that when she said she would send it, I thought that maybe she didn't/wouldn't and just told me she did, .... I know, that's bad. But, she renewed my faith in her.:D So, ask your TA to try it...

Archived