Son's Documentation

mlturner265

I hoping someone here can help with a question I have regarding my oldest son's documentation. He is 12 and is by my first marriage. I have custody - do I need to take anything other than his birth certificate which has my maiden name and matches my birth certificate? I so I will have to dig out those darn divorce papers. I figure as long as their hidden I can pretend that one didn't really happen:D

I have full custody of my son, when I presented my divorce papers they still wanted permission from the non-custodial parent. When I had told them I did not know where he was and that I was not in contact with him, they just had me sign a paper which I had to write that exact explanation on. I also had to get the paper notarized.

I also had to have a notarized form stating why "Mr. Wonderful" was not available to assist in getting passports. That was before I found this website and I worried until we recieved the passports with no problem. There wasn't any problem when we got to the Bahamas, getting into Nassua and Freeport or getting back on the ship. Hopefully, Grand Cayman and Calica will go as smoothly. Evidently governments are aware of the challenges some single parents face when it comes to absentee parents.

Thanks everyone. I just realized this may be a problem this week. This is the boys' first cruise so they are terribly excited - just wanted to make sure I have everything in order (no surprises). Getting a statment from the "father" will probably not happen since my son told him this past Fall he didn't want to meet him after being absent for 10 years. I claim I had a moment of temporary insanity during my first marriage.:p I guess I will write out a statment and have it notorized at work to go along with the divorce agreement. Thanks again!

I hoping someone here can help with a question I have regarding my oldest son's documentation. He is 12 and is by my first marriage. I have custody - do I need to take anything other than his birth certificate which has my maiden name and matches my birth certificate? I so I will have to dig out those darn divorce papers. I figure as long as their hidden I can pretend that one didn't really happen:D

Hope you are digging as you will need that and permission from the non custodial parent for a passport.

I have full custody of mine. I took them the first cruise but never was asked for them. Did think to take them after that.

Archived