Crown Bay to Emerald Beach?

pcboston

We are on the Caribbean Princess in May and I am disappointed to hear that they don't dock at Havensight....can't understand why, since the day we will be there, we are the only ship that will be there. This is the 5th time at St. Thomas, have done St. John twice, Magens, and Sapphire, so was looking for a different beach. Never have been to Coki, but the reviews of that seem to be mixed. Has anyone been to Emerald Beach, I think it is in Lindbergh Bay, and may be closer to Crown Bay for a few hours at a beach? Thanks for any input you can give me....happy sails

Thanks, Islander. I have gotten so much good information from you in the past, too. You really helped me last year with our day trip to St. John. This year we have a great-grandson with us, 1st cruise for him, and we don't want to go too far from the ship this time. I was looking into Emerald Beach or Water Island to do from this cruise pier......not too many people mention these two, just wanted something different. Happy sails......

The reason why Caribbean Princess is docking in Crown Bay is that Princess Cruise Lines has a special priority docking. Princess, Cunard, and HAL all have priority to dock there. YES, the QM2 docked a few weeks ago for the first time as well.

Princess Cruise Lines will be docking at Crown Bay Marina for the next ten years. Yes, the beach at Best Western Hotel Emerald Beach resort is a short taxi ride from the Crown Bay Dock. (But the taxis still rip you off even though it is a short ride!).

There's a cruise passenger review of Emerald Beach somewhere else on this forum, I think it's titled "Beach Close to Ship" or something like that. She gave it a favorable review.

I live here and went to Emerald Beach yesterday. It's not the best beach on St Thomas (water not as clear, not many fish), but for young kids, it's better than Coki (no weed smoking), and you can walk there from Crown Bay (about 20 minutes and sidewalk all the way).

The hotel does not charge for beach use, but they do charge for chairs, and to use their other facilities. They used to have an access pass you could purchase, but don't know if that's still the case.

However, there are quite a few shade trees on the beach, so most locals spread their towels and chairs under the trees.

Lindbergh Bay also has a public "park" with swings, a small water park, picnic tables, and some other equipment. But the best things are the iguanas. They LOVE to see people coming, because that usually means FOOD, so they'll practically walk up to you.

I didn't see any water toys like wave runners. For those activities, you'll have to go to Coki.

Archived