FunPass --- A GREAT THING!

TropicalisRex

I know you think I'm completely out of my mind, BUT read why I think so:

I booked Carnival Legend 9/9/07. Last night, I booked my airfare. Got some direct flights

Only one problem: I booked 9/8 (fine) and 9/15 (GASP!) My mom always told me not to do important stuff when I'm tired. It was 11pm --- and I'm an idiot.:eek:

I never would have realized anything was wrong, except that I was filling in hubby's passport info on FunPass, and then our after cruise info and an error message came up that your flight has to be AFTER your cruise end date! AGH! I quick Quick QUICK called the airline today when I found out and told them I accidentally punched it in. She told me it was going to cost $100 a ticket to switch (I knew that, but what was I going to do???) Then she told me that she was going to WAIVE THE FEE since I caught it so quickly. (And probably for customer relations, too. :D )

Hubby is away this week, so I was dreading having to call him and say --- hey, I screwed up our expensive airfare and made it more expensive. But thankfully, I was able to call him, he went into mini-panic, I said hear me out, and now he's fine. Yippee! Very thankful for that (stupid) FunPass.

Next up: Hotel for night before and MY Passport.

Yep --- I'm kind of obsessive about getting everything finished once I start a project. If I don't, I'll go all gung-ho on it and then a month later, I've burnt myself out. So I thought that might happen with trudging through all this paperwork, and since I had everything to complete it, I'd just rather do it. But I'm so glad that flag came up about your flight has to be after your cruise. LOL!

However, I have no fear of getting burnt out on being excited for the cruise! After countless hours (hundreds) of research and help from CC members, I feel like I dun good!

And thanks for your replies. I researched a lot of ships before settling on Spirit class, and then the itinerary narrowed it to Legend! YAY!

Good catch. I did that on a flight once. I called and because in was within 4 hours I could change it. Good for the fun pass.

(I like them too because it sure gets people thru the check in lines faster than when they input it in by hand when you checked in.):eek:

Next up: Hotel for night before and MY Passport.

If you need to apply for your passport for the first time, I would suguest hopping on that quick too! Our family applied at the begining of April. Was told the average for a non-expedited passport to be over 14 weeks!

Save yourself some time and hassel and fill it out online and print out at home! Costco (if you have access to) for pics was great too and inexpensive!

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_832.html

Yeah --- I wanted to have applied for it before now. If the courthouse and/or post office had hours for working people, I'd have it applied for by now. But then again, my schedule isn't the most normal -- sometimes I work 12 hour shifts, so I certainly don't expect them to be open after 7pm! I just wish they were open at 8am or even until 5pm. GRRR.

I know that it'll be at least 10 weeks if not more. Right now, I'm okay on time. But I don't want to wait much longer! Probably am going to have to take a half a personal day ---

Oh, yeah --- my whole paper is filled out. NOT signed, just filled out ---.

Archived