Mercury Cabin Question

suejohnmar

Does anybody have any knowledge of CC cabin 1240? The balcony faces backward and appears to be cut into. I'm not sure if this would make it small and undesireable. Would facing the back be a detriment? Also, are there any noises or sounds associated with being the last cabin? Does it have easy access to the outside?

From reading the posts, I see that the best cabins in that class would be 1200 or 1201 but they are already taken. Should I forget Sky deck and take a CC cabin two decks below?

Thanks.

Sue:)

1240 still has a larger than average balcony and is desirable because of this. Two things to be aware of with 1240. It is right next to the basketball court so depending on the cruise you may get noise from it. Some have reported they did and others that they didn't notice. The cruises that I have taken on Mercury and sister ship Galaxy evidenced that the basketball courts were quiet. Depends on the demographic on-board. Younger crowd = more likelihood of noise. The other thing is that 1240 is an adjoining cabin with the Sky Suite next door and you might hear noise or get smoke smell filtering through depending on your neighbour. Other than those caveats, I'd go for it for the larger balcony and deck 12 is a nice location.

Phil

Archived