Laundry question/cruisetour on the Ryndam

SueO

Hi - We are off to a cruisetour this august on the Ryndam. We will be doing the land for a week first and then the cruise. I am hoping to hand someone the first week's laundry as soon as we get on the ship. Does this work? Has anyone done this? I'm trying to pack light but don't want to spend one minute of my vacation in the self-serve laundry room if I can help it. Appreciate any tips!

Thanks, sue

Hello,On the Ryndam,in December,the laundry bag was $12.If you roll tightly and squish,you can get an awful lot into that bag!

Things come back pressed and folded.The shirts,dresses etc. are on

hangers and undies,handkerchiefs and other folded bits are wrapped

in tissue and placed in a wicker basket.We left it for our room steward

before we went to late seating dinner.Got it back(Usually) next afternoon.

Brilliant service!

Hi - We are off to a cruisetour this august on the Ryndam. We will be doing the land for a week first and then the cruise. I am hoping to hand someone the first week's laundry as soon as we get on the ship. Does this work? Has anyone done this? I'm trying to pack light but don't want to spend one minute of my vacation in the self-serve laundry room if I can help it. Appreciate any tips!

Thanks, sue

In addition to what Ookpik just told you, Ryndam also has self-service laundry rooms where you can put the male folk to work (speaking from personal experience) and where the latter can be the recipient of comments from female folk already inside that room to the tune of "What a wonderful husband", "My, you are good at folding clothes, where you in the military?", and the husbands in turn, can start conversations such as "How long is the rinse cycle?", "Can I mix the purple skivies with the orange t-shirts?" and stuff like that! An educational experience that no husband should miss:rolleyes:

There won't be any problem with getting your laundry done once you get on the ship from your land tour. However - be advised that even though you may give your laundry to your cabin steward the first night, don't expect it back the very next day. Sometimes this happens and sometimes it doesn't.

In your embarkation folder there will be a list of the prices for the laundry by the bag and for the cruise - check them out.

I've been reading most of the HAL threads to get tips and tricks for our cruise in December on the Rotterdam. I've also been emailing HAL some questions... one of them was on laundry. Here is what I got back from my email on this question:

Laundry:

Self-service launderettes are situated on the Main Deck, Lower Promenade, and Verandah decks onboard the ms Rotterdam.

For your convenience, we offer full laundry and dry cleaning service on board all of our vessels. You will find laundry bags and price lists in your closet.

Unlimited "laundry and pressing" packages are available

7-day sailing $ 45 per person

10-day sailing $ 70 per person

14-16 day sailing $ 95 per person

17-21 day sailing $120 per person

There is also an unlimited "pressing only" package for $30 per person for any length of itinerary.

For $12 per bag, we will wash and dry your clothes. Laundry bags can be found in your closet within your stateroom. This package does not include pressing or dry cleaning. There is a 48-hour turnaround time for this service and it can only be purchased onboard.

Now pricing can change and I didn't ask if it was different per ship.

Hope this helps

All rates are subject to change or withdrawal without prior notice.

Pretty clever of HAL. I have been reading where people said they did the $12 laundry bag and where shocked to find that it costed more. Washing and drying is $12 but there is an additional charge for ironing -- I know a lot of people didn't realize that when they filled out the form and sent out their laundry.

Archived