Horseback riding???S

queenofdasea

Has anyone done this in Belize? Any suggestions for "who with" and pricing...PLease help!! Also, are there any nice beaches in Belize w/o an excursion?

Thanks in advance..

I suggest you contact Trevor at Smugglers Run [trevor@smugglersrunbelize.com] for the horseback riding. We went and had a great time and it was *very* reasonably priced. :) Post #4 here - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=539113 is my reply to another person's question. There are 3 pictures there as well. When you contact him, tell him Perry said hi!

I don't think there are many general beaches. You will have to travel to get to one. Most of the coast is rocky or swamp. Many of the natives go to islands offshore for the beach according to people we talked with.

Let me know if you have any questions. I asked my daughter last night if she wanted to go back to Smugglers Run and she gave an enthusiastic "Yes!"

I suggest you contact Trevor at Smugglers Run [trevor@smugglersrunbelize.com] for the horseback riding. We went and had a great time and it was *very* reasonably priced. :) Post #4 here - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=539113 is my reply to another person's question. There are 3 pictures there as well. When you contact him, tell him Perry said hi!

I don't think there are many general beaches. You will have to travel to get to one. Most of the coast is rocky or swamp. Many of the natives go to islands offshore for the beach according to people we talked with.

Let me know if you have any questions. I asked my daughter last night if she wanted to go back to Smugglers Run and she gave an enthusiastic "Yes!"

how long was this tour(from pick-up to drop -off)? asking because we have early seating and may just use this day for a supper club late dining time to avoid being rushed for dinner...thanks again!

I also recommend Smuggler's Run. We used them last June and had the best time. I can't remember what time we got back on board. We had late seating...however Trevor dropped us off...we shopped for like an hour before catching the tender back...and then took an hour or so nap before getting ready for our show and dinner. So I think you should have plenty of time.

I am doing the tour of Altun Ha ruins thru Trevor and will go back to the Plantation to see the horses and have a family style lunch under the beautiful palupa

Trevor recently sent me pictures of the sweet sweet little foal just born there....baby and Mama are just beautiful !!

Smuggler's Run gets raves!!! I can't wait

how long was this tour(from pick-up to drop -off)? asking because we have early seating and may just use this day for a supper club late dining time to avoid being rushed for dinner...thanks again!

This will more likely be determined by when the last tender leaves for the ship than the length of the tour. This will not be some meag tour with a fixed schedule. You tell Trevor and Cathy when you want to be back and you will be there. We wanted to stay as long as we could so we got back to the dock with about 30-45 minutes to spare before the last tender. Having said that, it might well be a good night to do the supper club just to give yourself some extra time. It will all depend on when the ship says to be back. Enjoy the trip and do't worry.

Archived