Formal night on 5-night Enchantment?

How formal is it on this sailing? Is it on par with 7-night sailings? I know when we were on the Majesty 3-nighter, "formal" night wasn't very formal at all. Will we find lots of cocktail dresses, gowns, suits, tuxes on EOS? Or it is more toned-down? And there is just one, right?

I think it is more formal than a three nighter, but less than a seven nighter.

That's the way I treated it anyway.

You will see all forms of dress on the Enchantment formal night, but in general, more dressy than a week end cruise on the Majesty.

I've been on the 5 night EOS twice in the past year. You will see a little of everything. Mostly I saw cocktail type dresses. It is not nearly as "formal" as your seven night cruise or I didn't think so. I felt it was not as formal as the seven night Navigator cruise we did in between the two EOS cruises. There definitely is a formal night and the dining room is beautiful, so dressing as formal as you might like would be perfectly acceptable! Enjoy yourself, it's a beautiful ship.

We were just on Enchantment last week. Formal night was on the second night, which was a day at sea. It was pretty much cocktail dresses and nice suits for the men.

Have a great time. Enchantment is a beautiful ship, we loved her.

Tina

As Tina said, formal night was on night two. We also ate in Chops one night. I must say it would rival most landbased meals I've had and the service was wonderful. The dessert was fantastic! Give it a try! There is a thread on here somewhere that has the menus for all five nights scanned. Sorry I can't remember the OP of the thread. :(

Twila

I truly can't remember one meal from another. :o BUT...this might help you. Go to this site and look at the Enchantment menus. It will also let you know if you want to order more than one appetizer or whatever. If it's hard to read, put your cursor on the picture of the menu your reading (have clicked) and a box will appear and let you choose the size of font. Choose the "O" the the original will appear. Really BIG, but VERY readable. :eek: The menus may have changed, but these were the menus we had a few months ago.

I hope this helps! I hope it was ok with smuglove that I shared their site...it's wonderful!

Twila

On my last 5 night on the enchantment I did the whole floor gown and uncomfortable shoe thing. However there was a little bit of everything in the dress scheme that night. Next thursday I leave on the 4 night and I am doing Chops on formal night in a simple little black dress. Too much to get ready for that little bit of time on the ship IMHO. Yes lobster was served on the 5 night. was ok but for sure not the kind of fresh lobster you will get in a decent seafood restaurant at home.

Have fun!!!

Lobster night was on the last night, and the escargo was on the second night. We made a mistake and reserved chops on the second night,(not because of the food, because it was fantastic),but because we missed the escargo. So the head waiter said he would,arrange for us to have it on the last night , and he came through, it was fantastic. The whole wait staff was wonderful, as was all the staff. We had a wonderful time and will post a review later.

Archived