tortola-- the baths

oceanlov1

just got back from the baths at virgin gorda. from where the ship docks, in roadtown, it is a short 10 minute walk to the ferry. the 2 ferry companies are speedys and smiths. we chose speedys 9:00am ferry. it is less expensive and the boat is much nicer. it has a/c on the inside. i had to ask if the $20 included transportation to the baths. it did and he gave me a ticket. speedys makes it very convenient because they are there to meet you and take you to the baths and take you back to the ferry. the ride is about 30 minutes by ferry. from the ferry to the baths its a 10-15 minute taxi ride.

the baths are beautiful. i really enjoyed the snorkeling. even saw some squid.

with speedys, it is so easy to do the baths on your own. there are a few shops, a cafe by the water and a restaurant at the baths.

looking forward to going back.

if you have any questions, ill try to answer them.

So $20 covered RT ferry service and RT taxi service to the Baths? That sounds like a great deal. Did you need reservations?

Just out of suriosity, how much more expensive is Smith's?

yes, it was $20 for RT for the ferry and taxi. no, you dont need reservations. the boat has many seats.

i know smiths wanted $23, i think that included taxi to the baths, but not sure.

we were on the holiday schedule..........so im sure it was different. just do a search for speedys and there is a website with all the info.

have fun!!

Archived