spirit_reviews and questions

JoePiz

I went on the Spirit Last year and liked it enough that I'm going on her again in a few weeks. The food was good and very good in the specialty resturaunts. The drinking age is 21 but will serve beer and wine to 18 and up with verified permission from parents.

I was on the Spirit in March and loved it. The food was absolutely delicious.. the best that I had experienced on three NCL ships.

There was plenty to do on board.. and the crew are nice as can be. You'll love it.

The shows were good, there were plenty of poolside activities and games, arts n crafts, lectures, demos, etc. They even had "Ship n' Dales" for the ladies one night (which I particularly enjoyed. ;) )

I travelled on the Spirit last June and had great time. My only very minor complaint concerned the main pool which was extremely crowded most of the time. Found the children's pool to be much more relaxed oddly enough. It was a great space on Deck 10 aft and was surrounded by stadium style seating which allowed for an unobstructed view of the ocean.

The two main dining rooms had great food and we never had to wait to be seated (had dinner late, usually 7:30 - 8:00). Of the specialty restaurants, we tried the Teppanyaki room, the Asian restaurant and Cagneys. The food was very good overall and in the case of the Asian restaurant (Bamboo ?), it was excellent. We missed the Italian and French restaurants . . .maybe next time.

We found the wait staff and the housekeeping staff to be attentive and very helpful. One morning, we needed a high chair in Raffles (the buffet) for the youngest member of our group and all were being used. A member of the restaurant staff went to another deck to find one and came back in just a few minutes with a high chair in tow. We didn't ask her to scour the ship, she took it upon herself to track one down . . .and she did it quickly and with a smile. As far as the front desk staff, we had zero contact with them, so can't comment there.

Overall, its a great ship, very well-maintained, with plenty to do . . . or not, depending on your vacation style. You should have a great time.

.. and my review too! Mine is in this forum.. I haven't yet submitted it to the review section.

Sorry Surfgirl. Absolutely they should read your excellent review also! I knew I was forgetting someone's.:o

Archived