Major delima I need help

usnavywife

Insurance is vital as the name implies.

We get a policy on each s=cruise and or other craft when we travel as well have auto home and life A lot of people feel there Medicaid/Medicare covers them out of the USA.

IT DOES NOT!

AAA is not an insurance agency and/or broker.

Have you been to Mexico? Driving? You need another Auto or MV policy there. Other Counties as well.

We used a firm which gives free quotes I found OnLine and even have talked with there Principles on the LandLine. They have given me the best cost basis, free quotes and vital information that I always use to compare quality and cost basis..

One major suggestion is make sure your Underwritter of your policies is well rated in YOUR State. They can vary State to State. Make sure, yes this is number two.. that your Policy is PRIMARY!! Not secondary or terchiary as then you have to wait to settle and have to file with your Insurance firm back home first. Yes piles of paperwork and Phone calls to be made... :cool:

We use the best comparison tool with there DATA Bases and they give it free.

We just got the policy in the US Mail in our second delivery yesterday as well online the moment I booked it. Yes in PDF format..which I myself dislike as it is viral prone.

Have you considered having your MIL and FIL change dates. Not sure how this works with Princess, you aren't cancelling, just modifying the dates. I'm sure that the MIL would want to get away after all of this is over. If Princess would change to another sailing say 6 months from now, perhaps they would be ok with that.
You can't just "change dates" as that would mean cancelling and rebooking. This is what insurance is for. Heck, if I had a problem (and I don't mean to belittle the OP's situation) and could just change the dates, then I wouldn't need to buy insurance for other than, let's say, a medical emergency onboard.

Thanks guys.

DH and I never buy the insurance. Ever, our worst case scenerio is that dh doesn't get leave and considering he only takes it for vacation unless something like 9/11 happened again they pretty much have to give it to him, we just don't plan around those "major" holidays that everyone wants off.

We know that even if one of our kids was to break a leg etc.... we would still go on vacation and make the best of it.

When we were in Cancun last year ALL 3 of them came down with ear infections because they were too short for the pool and they walked around with their heads tilted back and the water settled in their ears. We didn't let that stop us. We called the local dr he came to the hotel, prescribed them some meds, told us to wait 3 days before getting in the water and then to use ear plugs. We paid him, the hotel sent out for the meds, we paid them, and then when we got home we claimed the bills with the military insurance that does cover us everywhere. So for us we just don't see it. Now say I was to book a cruise for next year this time, I might consider it since we know that dh might not be here, but normally we just don't book anything like that around PCS time.

And the only time we have ever had a problem with getting to a vacation was during 9/11, we were leaving for Disney on the 13th but when I called and explained that my dh was stuck on base (sec) until further notice, I asked what our options were and they obviously let us rebook.

I am sure our day will come when we wish we had bought the insurance but even counting this one it hasn't happened yet. We are still going.

And yeah I would never commit insurance fraud. I get in enough trouble on my own lol, don't need any help:p

this is a long shot but sometimes cruise ships overbook and they might let you reshedule your cruise so someone else can take your unused cabin....most cruise line have a wait list..if this is the case it might be a win-win for you and the cruise line...just a thought...hope things work out.....:confused:

Archived