New Conquest Cruiser HELP!!!

oakbend

Our family is going on our first cruise EVER!!! Need some help, advice, thoughts and ideas....here goes!

1. I am in a 8A Balcony cabin right above the Degas lounge, what aboout noise and what is the big difference between an 8A & 8E, only higher up?

2. Best tips, advice, your thoughts, etc...while on the ship?

3. Favorite excursion at each port.

4. When you go on a snorkel excursion, do you take a fanny pack with money, credit cards, etc. with you? If so when you snorkel you just leave all your valuables in the boat with your guide???

5. I am sure I will have more thoughts and questions, but this is a start!

Our family is going on our first cruise EVER!!! Need some help, advice, thoughts and ideas....here goes!

1. I am in a 8A Balcony cabin right above the Degas lounge, what aboout noise and what is the big difference between an 8A & 8E, only higher up?

2. Best tips, advice, your thoughts, etc...while on the ship?

3. Favorite excursion at each port.

4. When you go on a snorkel excursion, do you take a fanny pack with money, credit cards, etc. with you? If so when you snorkel you just leave all your valuables in the boat with your guide???

5. I am sure I will have more thoughts and questions, but this is a start!

1. I've not stayed in a cabin directly above the lounge, but have read that it can be loud at times. Yes, the only difference between an 8A and 8E is a higher deck.

2. This is a beautiful ship, but she is BIG! Get a map when you first board. Keep in mind that if you want to get from one end of the ship to the other to use deck 5 (Promenade) or deck 9 (Lido).

3. Mo Bay: We did Sunset Beach last time and really enjoyed it. This time we are trying the Zipline excursion through the ship.

Grand Caymen: Stingrays with Nativeway. Can't say anything negative. It was wonderful and we only had 12 people with us on the excursion.

Cozumel: We ususally just shop but after much research, we have decided to try Paradise Beach.

4. When we have snorkeled, I took a water wallet thing for our $ and credit cards. Everything else I left on the shore.

Have fun!

Any other thoughts??????

-take a power strip/extension cord for extra outlets(cameras, phones, games)

-plenty of storage under the beds for luggage...put smaller pieces inside larger

-Put big suitcase standing in closet zipped 3/4.....GREAT for dirty laundry...helps keep cabin clutter down

-If you have time use the boards to find reputable excursion company.....some are cheaper and better than those offered by Carnival

Archived