Glory Cabin 6E Question

tweidner

Has anyone out there stayed in one of the Oceanview Staterooms with the floor to ceiling windows? What did you think? Did you get a lot of motion since you were up so high? Is it worth the extra money? :)

Has anyone out there stayed in one of the Oceanview Staterooms with the floor to ceiling windows? What did you think? Did you get a lot of motion since you were up so high? Is it worth the extra money? :)

We've stayed in them. They're awesome. No extra motion that we noticed. There's a little more floor space, since the area that's normally outside on the balcony is inside the room. They put a little table and two chairs there, and it's a perfect place for sitting and eating breakfast every morning. The only negatives we noticed were that they can build up some heat on a sunny afternoon (the angled window acts a bit like a greenhouse) which requires you to draw the blinds, and one morning we awoke to the sight of two Carnival crewmembers washing the windows. Disconcerting to wake up and see two people three feet from your bed! Anyway, we prefer balcony cabins now, but our youngest son still asks if we can get the 6E everytime we cruise. Oh, one more thing - all the 6E cabins on the Conquest class ships are on Spa deck, which is a short deck with not many cabins. This makes it a nice quiet area, and there are doors very close by that open directly onto the upper tier of the pool area sun deck. Very convenient for moving back and forth from the cabin to watching the pool area activities.

I did some board searches on this myself. We got an upragde to a 6E Spa on the Glory on 5/19. Here's a great thread about it : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=522297&highlight=spa+deck+glory

It got me very excited about our room!

Those are such wonderfull views. I would just about rather have one of those huge rooms than a balcony which the room has less sf. Those cabins are built for families and someone said either 245 or 275 sf.

This link from your link shows how the windows slant.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=502996&highlight=%22spa+deck+cabins%22

Lovely rooms! And on the Spa deck, which smells great and has very few rooms. Also, just one floor down from Camp Carnival.

We had one last May and loved it. I'll second the heat some days, but we did like sitting at the little table for breakfast, etc. I didn't notice more motion as compared to other decks. My sensitive-stomach son only had motion sickness one evening.

We'd have reserved another 6E for our next trip, but we got a good deal on a balcony GTY.

Archived