Spa prices on the Dawn

dibogart

I will be on the 8/11 Dawn sailing. It's going to be a very long summer, work wise and I know that I'm going to need a massage to unwind when I get onboard. How far in advance can you make a reservation and what is the costs of the different types of massages? I've tried to find information on the web site, but I must be missing something. I know that this board has answered so many of my not-thought-of-yet questions, so I'm hoping that someone has the answer to this one.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Diane/dibogart

I will be on the 8/11 Dawn sailing. It's going to be a very long summer, work wise and I know that I'm going to need a massage to unwind when I get onboard. How far in advance can you make a reservation and what is the costs of the different types of massages? I've tried to find information on the web site, but I must be missing something. I know that this board has answered so many of my not-thought-of-yet questions, so I'm hoping that someone has the answer to this one.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Diane/dibogart

Here's a link to the Mandara Spa on the Dawn. The prices aren't listed though

http://www.norwegiancruiselines.com/more/spa_intro_ncl.htm

Happy Sailing,

Monty

I just got off the Dawn on 4/23/07 and enjoyed 2 massages during my 11-night cruise. The "basic" price of a one hour massage is in the neighborhood of $117 with a 15% tip automatically added in on top of that. However, there are several special days posted in your nightly newsletters and you won't have trouble getting reservations a day or two before. I had a one hour massage which was 20/20/20 of neck, head, arms, hands, feet, and legs for $99. They add the 15% to everything so it will end up being about $112 if I remember right. I also had a 25/25 minute massage and reflexology for $89. ask for Nadia from South Africa if she is still there then. She's wonderful!!! The spa is on Deck 11 and is great! They also have an indoor heated pool with two hot tubs at the spa, no kids allowed. They charge $15 per day or $90 for the entire cruise for the use of the indoor pool and hot tubs. ENJOY!

I tried to post a reply yesterday but don't think it worked. I just got off the Dawn on 4/23/07 and enjoyed two massages during the cruise. The basic price of a one hour massage is in the range of $117.00, then add an automatic 15% gratuity to that. However, if you wait for the nightly newsletters to come out, they have a lot of specials. I managed to get one massage that was 25/25 minutes of massage and reflexology. It was $99 plus the 15% plus I added another $10. for her tip. Later in the cruise I had 20/20/20 minutes of head, neck, shoulders, arms, hands, legs, and feet. It was $89 plus.....You'll have no trouble getting an appointment a day or two in advance. It may not be at the exact time you hoped for but...Make sure to ask for Nadia from South Africa if she is still onboard then. Enjoy! Feel free to ask me any other questions you might think of.

Thanks for all the information. And expecially for the web site. Now I know how much to plan on "ME SPECIAL TIME". If I wanted to give someone a gc for the spa, or a guess it would be an onboard credit, wouth the spa accept that?

Thanks for the great information. I know it's several months away, but I am soooo ready for a massage right now.

Diane

The spa does accept the sail and sign card so I see no reason why they wouldn't accept the onboard credit. Be careful though. A friend gave me a $50 onboard credit for my b-day and it never made it to the ship?!?!? The reception desk was not at all friendly about it either when I tried to find out where it might be.

Thanks for all the information. And expecially for the web site. Now I know how much to plan on "ME SPECIAL TIME". If I wanted to give someone a gc for the spa, or a guess it would be an onboard credit, wouth the spa accept that?

Thanks for the great information. I know it's several months away, but I am soooo ready for a massage right now.

Diane

There are gift certificates specifically for the spa,

http://freestylecruising.com/more/bon_voyage_list.htm#spa

Bon Voyage & Special Occasion Gifts

Mandara Spa Gift Certificates

There is nothing more luxurious than a treatment at our Mandara Spa. Treat yourself or someone special to a complete menu of body - soothing experiences. Try a Coconut Body Polish, a Javanese Honey Steam Wrap, a Bali- Press Massage or a tempting selection of other choices.

Item # 605 - $25.00 Certificate

Item # 606 - $50.00 Certificate

Item # 607 - $100.00 Certificate

or there are the general OBC

On-Board Credit Certificates

* Pricing is subject to change without notice

Item #600 - $25.00

Item #601 - $50.00

Item #602 - $75.00

Item #603 - $100.00

Thanks again for the info. I did find the info about the spa gift certificates. I think I'll do that and that way I know the money was paid upfront and I don't have to worry about that charge later on on my tab.

I'm so happy that I found CC. The board has answered so many of my questions. Keep up the good work.

Archived