Hours of specialty restaurants on Conquest?

Cinderelli

Cinderelli,

I have the Capers packed in the luggage. They're in the Hotel Room and I'll check them when I get back there and get back to you.

But, my suggestion is don't OVERPLAN, just go with the flow.

In general, Sur Mer is open for the same times that the Cezanne Restaurant is open, and it is on the second floor of the Cezanne. Don't miss it. Here is what they serve: (a) a nice little square of Ahi Tuna sashimi on top of a square of watermelon. Get as many as you like from the server. (b) Ceviche - a marinated "raw" combination of tiny scallops, and white fish with some vegetables, Spanish style © Octopus with cubed potatoes

That takes care of the raw, and now for the cooked...

All of the following are deep fried in batter (a) Calamari (b) Some kind of firm white fish © Oysters

and all of the above are accompanied by French Fries.

Our favorite place to grab something was THE GRILLE which is in fact a NY Style Deli. They serve wonderful deli sandwiches - Corned Beef, Pastrami, Roast Beef, Turkey, and combos of those if you wish, on a choice of breads.

There are sides for your own taking of Ginger Cole Slaw, Farmer's Style Cole Slaw (with raisins), dill pickles. I had a late lunch everday of a combo Pastrami/Corned Beef on Rye with Swiss cheese and mustard. They pack 'em high, just like Katz's or the 2nd Ave. Deli (Ok, not THAT high, but high enough and the quality of the meats and the rye bread is up to those standards). The Deli seemed to have the same hours as the Cezanne for lunch and dinner, maybe just a little longer.

The Pizza is open 24/7. The pizza bears a strong resemblance to Dominos Pizza, so if you like that kind of pizza then go fur it. On the last night, just about every teen onboard decided to pull an all nighter. I had awakened at 3am and they were all back at the aft pool area having a "watch the sunrise" party and eating pizza till dawn. They all looked like they were having a blast.

The ice cream and frozen yogurt stand also seemed to have the same hours as Cezanne for lunch and dinner. I could have eaten the frozen yogurt all day, but luckily didn't. :-). The choices are vanilla or chocolate or both.

It is very close to Carvel. Those who live in the N.E. know about carvel. It's like a soft custard ice cream or yogurt.

THE POINT is only open for dinner, and as I recall reservations are between 5:30 and 10pm. We were there twice and had both reservations for 8. We seemed to always be last. Dining there is a very fine experience and takes about three hours. It is well worth the $25 cover charge. Any type of that dinner and comparable service in a NY restaurant would easily run between $100 -175 per person. We noticed that some people who were not accustomed to leisurely dining became a little impatient. Everything is cooked to order and it is worth the wait. In general dining in the main rooms takes about an hour, and stuffing your face at the buffet is as fast as slow as you want.

The Sushi bar, when it was open, seemed only to open around cocktail hour time. They don't put out anything with costly fish such as ahi tuna, salmon or smoked eel. It is basically vegetable sushi rolls, some hand rolls with what appeared to be clam, and a few smoked mussel sushi pieces.

The special coffee and pastry bar was pretty much open all the time from lunch on until late, and had some really nice items. They also do fancy sundaes.

Now I know you want to know what was on the menus in the dining rooms.

Both rooms serve the same menu. We never went in there for lunch. Went to breakfast there twice (only the Monet is open for breakfast and lunch).

There are about four appetizers, two different soup choices and two different salad choices, and about six different entree choices for each dinner menu.

There are about four choices for dessert which vary each night.

When I get back to the hotel room, I can be more specific because we purchased the cookbook and the bar book. Both are excellent and I think it's two for $25. It makes a nice memento or even a gift for someone.

The executive chef does a lot of "fusion cuisine" combining flavors from Asian, French, Italian and American cuisines. Most of the time, these are winners. The only thing I was disappointed in was the Escargot en Croute, because I love escargot, but I thought the flavor was rather bland inside the pastry. I prefer the classic bourgignone style. But, hey nice try.

Oh, lastly, if you like Onion soup prepared the classic way, then you must not pass it up at The Point. It is done with a beef reduction (demiglace) broth, the onions are cut julienne and then carmelized, and it is finished off with a crust of hard French baguette topped with gruyere cheese (not mozarella as in most pubs) and browned .

YUM!!!!

enjoy.

BnB

Does anyone else know the hours open?:o

BREAKFAST:

Coffee and Danish 6:30am Restaurant Cezanne

Open Sitting Breakfast 8am - 10am Monet Dining Room

Breakfast Buffet 8am - 10:30 am Restaurant Cezanne

LUNCH:

Open Sitting Lunch 12pm-2pm Monet Dining Room

Buffet Lunch - 12pm - 2:30pm Restaurant Cezanne plus the following are also 12pm to 2:30pm: P.C.'s Wok, Sur Mer Seafood Delights and The Rotisserie

Paul's Deli is open 11 am to 11pm

Pizzeria - 24/7

TEA TIME: 3:30 - 4:30 Alfred's Bar

DINNER

Monet Dining Room 5:45pm and 8 pm

Renoir Dining Room 6:15pm and 8:30pm

Buffet Dinner 6pm to 9:30 pm - Restaurant Cezanne

THE POINT SUPPER CLUB 6pm to 9:30 pm Reservations Required

BnB

Archived