Teen activities

TracersQQ

What are the teen activities like on a typical Carnival ship - particularly the Glory? I have cruised before, but never paid much attention to the kids activities because I never thought I could convince my husband and son to cruise. My Mom and I have cruised together. Well, after hearing our stories all the time, DH and DS think they want to give cruising a try. I know my DH will love it (it's just hard to get him to travel to new places). I'm a little worried about DS, though. By the time we go (Probably in Dec. '07), he will be 16, he is our only child and the last couple of years it's been tough to plan vacations because he doesn't want to be alone - without someone to hang around with. I was thinking that he would probably be able to meet other kids on a cruise. But I'm a little confused about how the teen activities work. I know about camp carnival - for the little ones - but do they have something equivalent for the teens? I know they have a teen disco, but do they have activities during the day besides hanging out in the arcade? I really don't think any of his friends would be able to go, with us and all of his cousins are girls and the oldest is 13 - so they wouldn't be in the same age group, anyway. So I guess my question is will he be able to have fun by himself? Of course on port days, he would be with us and at dinner, but during the day and in the evening I don't want him to be bored or worse yet - hanging around his parents:eek: .

I took my kids (now 23 & 20) on many cruises when they were younger. They went solo sometimes or sometimes they would bring a friend. Carnival has a group for every age. He would be in Club 02 for 15-17 year olds http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ClubO2.aspx

The first day when you arrive in your cabin, check the capers for the meet up place for his age group (that night) and dont let him miss that first meeting. My daughter once missed her first meeting and it was hard to catch up to the group until 2 days later.

I am sure that he will have a blast.

Here's the thread I posted about Club O2 activities on Liberty. They're pretty close to activities on the other ships: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=540638&highlight=Liberty+Club

Our son felt free to participate or not in the listed activities. When not participating in an activity, he was with friends in the Club O2 space or getting pizza/ice cream. We saw him for meals and excursions.

Thanks for the info, everyone. I passed all of it onto my son - he thinks it sounds pretty fun. I hope he enjoys himself so that we don't have to wait until he graduates to cruise,again, lol.

Thanks for the info, everyone. I passed all of it onto my son - he thinks it sounds pretty fun. I hope he enjoys himself so that we don't have to wait until he graduates to cruise,again, lol.

I'm sure he will have fun!!!

Archived