Bedding on the Diamond?

Cher7

We will be in a balcony cabin on the Diamond in October and I have heard that Princess has been upgrading the bedding. Is this true for balcony level cabins and if so, will they have duvets with no top sheet?

Thanks for any info!!!!

We will be in a balcony cabin on the Diamond in October and I have heard that Princess has been upgrading the bedding. Is this true for balcony level cabins and if so, will they have duvets with no top sheet?

Thanks for any info!!!!

We got off the Diamond just over 2 months ago. We were in a Caribe balcony cabin. All Princess ships, including the Diamond, now have the improved soft linens and a fiber filled duvet with no top sheet. Lately, I've noticed the stewards have been leaving the regular bedspread folded over the foot of the bed. We also had new mattresses on the Diamond, but they were not of the same quality of the mattresses in suites or mini-suites.

Just got off the Diamond 5 weeks ago and the bedding was the worst I have ever slept on any cruise line. We had 2 mini-suites if that makes any difference. The best beds we've had were in the suites on NCL & then also the suites on HAL.

There was no top sheet, only the duvet, which was too hot even with both A/C units turned down to the lowest settings all day & night. I wish they (and most of the other cruise lines) would put a top sheet on under the duvet.

Just got off the Diamond 5 weeks ago and the bedding was the worst I have ever slept on any cruise line. We had 2 mini-suites if that makes any difference. The best beds we've had were in the suites on NCL & then also the suites on HAL.

There was no top sheet, only the duvet, which was too hot even with both A/C units turned down to the lowest settings all day & night. I wish they (and most of the other cruise lines) would put a top sheet on under the duvet.

The duvet only set up is very European. Though the Americas are not used to such bedding, there is a reason cruise lines (and many hotels) are moving to duvet's and dropping the top sheet.

There has been a lot of negative publicity about dirty blankets and bedspreads on TV. The duvets used by cruise lines like Princess and hotels like Marriott are fully washable and are changed and laundered after every customer departs.

The top sheets are being eliminated in an effort to conserve resources (water) and save money/labor (the Europeans are way ahead of the Americas in this area).

With greater concern about cleanliness in public accomodations, norovirus, and disgusting body fluid stains that show up under ultraviolet light, you should expect to see more and more washable duvets and fewer topsheets throughout hotels and cruiselines.

Cher, yes, I believe that's what we'll do next time. Our friends that were cruising with us didn't like the duvet & no top sheet set-up either and they suggested that we all request a top sheet. We never did, but next time, I will. I even thought about bringing my own. One time, I brought my own pillow case because the linens that Princess used to use were SO rough on my face. I felt pretty funny doing that though. :p

I just got off the Diamond today. I was in C420 (a full suite) and the second I got in the room I asked for an eggcrate. The bed seemed hard to me. Also, I didn't notice it until the 2nd or 3rd night on the cruise that there was no top sheet. I thought it was kinda weird, but I stayed comfortable. We had both a/c units set on the coldest temperature, but by 2 or 3 am I was boiling. I found by sleeping with the door open it made the ac work better, and was able to sleep comfortably all night long. I have issues with putting my head on something that thousands of other people put their head on :( - I brought my pillow from home.

Thanks for any info!!!!

hey cher were on the same cruise, oct 19 :D i'm also thinking about the bedding. i hope its not just for balcony :(

Just off Diamond this weekend. The duvet was comfortable for me and we asked that the bedspread not be put back on. The eggcrate worked well and we requested it the first day we were on the cruise. We had faxed the request as well but it wasn't on when we got to our room. I liked the fact that there were four pillows to use in our cabin and each one was a little different. I hope they change the mattress in every room soon though.

Archived