Azamara picture docked in Bayonne

mery

definately the Journey....it was the only ship docked in Bayonne yesterday. Back of the ship has the Azamara name same as on the website.

The ship that is pictured on the website looks to be a very stylized, "artist's conception" of what they expected Journey to look like, i.e. long in the bow, fancy trim paint, etc. The posted photo matches the pictures of it's days as Blue Dream rather well. We still can't decide whether it looks larger or smaller than we expected, :confused:

She is a beauty. We going on 6/16 and 8/18/07....can't wait!

8/18, really? yay! so are we! :) I was wondering if we were the only ones from cc going on 8/18... :D

looking forward to your review...

The ship that is pictured on the website looks to be a very stylized, "artist's conception" of what they expected Journey to look like

More like a bad photoshop job. Note how the sky from the background shows through many parts of the ship giving it a teal glow. No biggee. There's no shortage of pics of these ships since there are 8 of them floating around out there...

Interesting that they even copied Oceania's color scheme. Can they nothing original themselves for this ship??

Perhaps the identical color scheme is so they will be ready for when Oceania buys them out!!

If anything, more the other way around. It was no secret that RCCL was trying to buy out Oceania.... they said they were no for sale, then sold out to an investment group less than a year later.

I am sure RCCL will be looking for additional ships for the Azamara Brand.

If anything, more the other way around. It was no secret that RCCL was trying to buy out Oceania.... they said they were no for sale, then sold out to an investment group less than a year later.

I am sure RCCL will be looking for additional ships for the Azamara Brand.

There is actually a big difference from RCI trying to buy Oceania than Oceania infusing additional capitol by bringing onboard an investment group. Apollo is not in the cruise business - they are in the business of making money for their investors. Their sole purpose in raising capitol was to either aquire existing ships or plan new builds. Oceania has ordered two brand new ships to add to their fleet. They would be more than happy to take these two away from RCI or at the right price sell out and let RCI figure out how to ruin a good thing - just as they are doing with Celebrity.

Had RCI gotten a hold of it before they would have dumped the entire management team and put in place their own group of people. And we all know how competent they are. I think Azamara has started off on the wrong foot and I doubt they will be able to rely on their Celebrity faithful to keep them going. They are going to have to market to a different group of people and that is why they needed separation. Problem is they should have done this months ago instead of the day before their first sailing.

I saw the Journey while boarding the Liberty in Bayonne on Friday and prior to reading the briefing from Celebrity. My first reaction was to wonder whose ship it was as it definitely had a foreign look to it.

After comparing that to the megaship parked behind, and then learning on board about the Celebrity rebranding, I have to say I would have far more excited about boarding the Journey than I was the Liberty.

Give me small ships every day:).

It's about time that a cruise line understands the value of the small, elegant cruise ships rather than the mega ships of today.

We loved the Pacific Princess and as soon as we heard/read about the new cruise line (Azamara) and it's positioning as a luxury, small ship, yada yada....we were there!

BTW, Bermuda cruises are few and far between. Fewer and fewer cruise lines are docking there because the country refuses to improve it's docks/ports to accommodate today's liners.

See my posting for roll call Oct 20th Azamara Journey....can't wait!!

Archived