Distance from Tampa Airport to Pier

captpeachy

It's about 10 miles, 15-20 mins by car.

If you can, yes fly in the night before. Just helps to not have to worry about the stress of airline delays.

I will say though, there are very few hotels with both airport and port shuttle service. Check out the ports board for a few ideas.

Embassey Suites has a cruise package where they will give you a voucher to use for the cab ride to and back from the port. We are staying there for our Legend 7/22/07 cruise. It is right across the street from a mall and some very good restaurants.

DH and I flew to Tampa from Seattle the day before and had a delay in Denver that might have resulted in a canceled flight. United didn't offer too many solutions to get us to Tampa in time for our cruise the next day, but luckily the mechanical problem was resolved after a three hour delay. When we got to the Mariott Residence Inn at the airport (no shuttle but a $15 cab ride) at 9pm we were told they had no room for us even though we booked in Jan and DH called the day before we left to re-confirm. After a long hassle they gave us a handicapped suite. WE were just happy to get a bed! I would definately fly the day before. We had to take the cab back to the airport the following morning because we had booked the Carnival shuttle to the pier. I have not heard good things about the shuttles, but we were very happy with it. We would do it again. We will just make sure that the next time we check to see if the hotel has a shuttle from the airport. The shuttle took about 20 min and there was a good amount of traffic at 11am.

Archived