Jeans and Teens

My sons are bringing suits for formal nights so that's not a problem, but is it okay for kids to wear jeans at other times such as during the teen/kids activities and their respective clubs? What about in the dining room?

This is on Princess if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Jeans are ok on all lines during the daytime and in the kids clubs.

Princess has published dress codes that I believe specify no jeans in the dining rooms at dinner. If that is the case, IMO I would have them respect the dress code set by the cruise line.

When my teenaged nephew travels with me, the rules are no jeans at dinner. He is free to dress as he wishes the rest of the time.:)

My ds (16) always wears jeans even to summer camp. I think he is self conscious about his body. I've told him he has to wear the tux for the formal nights and his dockers the other nights with polo's or long sleeve shirts. No jeans in the dining room. I think it will be nice to see him dressed up for a change.

I would expect to see teenage boys in khakis or cargo pants, not jeans. There are all kinds of casual pants in the young mens departments other than jeans. Especially if they are roaming the ship or in teen clubs in the evening.

My ds (16) always wears jeans even to summer camp. I think he is self conscious about his body. I've told him he has to wear the tux for the formal nights and his dockers the other nights with polo's or long sleeve shirts. No jeans in the dining room. I think it will be nice to see him dressed up for a change.

I remember my boys went through this period too as there body image began changing there was a bit of insecurity and certain types of clothing became very important. I can remember the oldest in the middle of summer with his beloved turtlenecks under long sleeved shirts! So if my son felt better taking his jeans on the cruise so be it. Might be a bit hot but with the exception of the dining room they're fine anywhere.

Thank you everyone for your replies. My guys are actually looking forward to dressing up a bit. I asked about the dining room because they are fond of the nice jeans w/cool jacket look, but they would not wear jeans and t-shirt to the dining room. So they will wear khakis or dress slacks on the non-formal nights and that's fine with them. In the kids/teen centers I'm sure they will be back to jeans and I know they will not be the only ones.

The most important thing regarding the dining room is that we will actually all get to sit down and eat together at the same time w/o interruptions, right? :)

karen - Yes, you know I didn't really think about boys having body image concerns and until you said that I just thought my oldest liked to wear long sleeves and jeans to school because he says it's cold in class, but perhaps there is more to it than that.

Archived